No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is what we are thinking so far...

Wed: Behind the Scenes Tour PRIVATE TOUR OF EVERYTHING

Thur: Normal behind the scenes tour including our new silo-x haunted house but not the escape rooms

Friday: Zombie laser tag demo and escape room seminar and private tour

Saturday: Darkness live including Silo-X
    2016_escape_darkness_facebook_cover_template.jpg
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• BTW we are producing THIS VIDEO right now as we speak. See the cover below... so at the show we will have TWO new DVD's

How to Build a Graveyard which is ON SALE NOW SHIPPING NOW at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Additionally the new video will be called how to build a haunted house from scratch... I will show you from nothing to finished product HOW to build a haunted house.

I also wanted to say sorry for not having a ton of pictures and stuff so far this year like years past... we have spent about a month cleaning the space and getting it ready to build this attraction. There is a lot more going into this attraction than meets the eye because we are also building escape rooms we need bathrooms, heating, new doors, staircases, all new electric you name it we need it. So its going really slow.

However the great news is this ... we finally have the ENTIRE MAZE up and we are adding the scenic elements to the walls. Next week we'll start painting the whole entire thing. Once we get into something worth showing you I will provide you tons of pictures... promise.

Larry

!cid_1E4F51F0-3771-4120-B7CB-3E2A88458299@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• Went to your tours last year incredible. We are interested in escape games and would prefer a behind the scenes style demo. Can't wait for all the final details.

Comment

• BTW, here is an updated version of the new DVD cover of our latest video called How to Build a Haunted House from Scratch. This DVD is going to show you how we can create incredible detail in a very short period of time.

Larry

dvd cover updated.jpg
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• Just a QUICK update: Our haunted house build out is way more complicated than I ever expected because of needing basically EVERYTHING. But the haunted house itself is now totally up 110% what we are doing now is adding wall treatments and moving props into the haunted house. We finally started painting the haunted house yesterday. When you are building an entire haunted house from scratch there isn't a lot of things to show you pictures of unless you like black walls (LOL).

When you do the tour this year it will include Darkness and the new Silo-X haunted house. We have to add a set of stairs to our building that will happen later this week, blah, blah. Our goal is to have the entire thing DONE by the end of this week minus props, animations, fx, stuff like that. I will get tons of pictures.

We also will be starting the Escape Rooms within 10 days and we are building some scenes in the Darkness itself... everything is going!

I wanted to add that there is a lot of options out there for things to do this year but NOTHING will be better than this because when you come you'll see WORLD class escape rooms, you'll learn how to use your haunt for a zombie laser tag, you'll see a new haunt built from scratch and a better one than ANY OTHER haunted house in STL by 10 miles and that isn't including The Darkness and the renovation work we do there. We promise to really deliver for you this year.

Lastly I would say this that on our website for the tour which isn't totally done just yet you'll see a button that says TOUR 2017 we are promoting that tour now because we are NOT going to open any more. Its honestly way to much work, costs way to much money, and just really tired of all the stress to get ready in such a short period of time.

2016: Darkness our new Silo-X, Escape Rooms, and Zombie Laser tag will all be showcased more than you can ever want.

2017: Creepyworld Haunted Screampark the biggest one in the country will only be bigger and better when you come March 2017. It will be the ONE and ONLY time we open Creepyworld.

So this is it!

Larry

silo-x_home_2005_printversion1.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• tour only

Larry, While the idea of experiencing the escape rooms is appealing, from a business position, we would rather see the behind the scenes tours rather than do the escpae rooms.

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
              Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working on getting this site up and running. My biggest issue frankly is these escape games should we open them or just do a tour of them. Love to hear your thoughts.

Larry
              Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
              Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

• Brett,

Maybe I explained wrong so let me explain RIGHT

AND LET THIS SERVE AS THE OFFICIAL NOTICE ON THIS...

There are other escape rooms in St Louis and I'm pretty sure they are all pretty bad. However even if one of them was pretty good you don't want to pay these guys $30 bucks to play their game you don't really learn anything that way. That is NOT what I would do at all... you guys are haunters wanting to build your own games then you need the step by step program.

YOU WILL NOT PLAY OUR GAMES as we are NOT opening our Escape Rooms until April. I decided NOT to open traditionally for the haunt industry I want to HELP the haunt industry build their own games. What you are going to do at my EXCLUSIVE limited to 125 guests ONLY is do a seminar where I will have FOUR experts answering all your questions. One puzzle designer, one escape game designer, one operator (Dwayne Sanburn) and myself. We will for an hour answer all your questions.

THEN... we will open our games which will be completed games and you can walk in each one TOUGH, FEEL, video, photo ask questions whatever.... there will be people ON HAND to show you how every single puzzle is solved.

YOU ARE NOT going to play the game you are going to be allowed INTO the games to understand how to make them.

I hope this clears this up... so when you are trying to figure out what you want to do ESCAPE GAME WISE well there will be the BEST option and its limited to 125 people because honestly I can't fit more than this and if I could I would.

Does this better explain?

Lastly let me say this I was going to open where you can reserve a time and play then I decided against it for a couple reasons...

1) I'm afraid to LOL. Given the fact that we'll barely have this done in time I didn't want to open them like that for the haunt industry without testing first. Yes we could do testing prior to the show but I don't want to rush it. I think you have to understand my goal is to build the best escape rooms in the WORLD! I want to get it totally right before we open.

2) After a lot of thought I thought well is opening so you can play going to help you build your own escape rooms... ahhh maybe a little bit but the answer is essentially NO. That is why we changed thinking and shifted to the we are going to build this out and offer like a hands on interactive seminar. I think what you are asking is the better approach which makes me feel a ton better knowing you misunderstood what we are doing when actually its exactly what we are doing.

Larry
                Darkness_Layout_Scaled_v2_Tornado_Angle.jpgDarkness_Layout_Scaled_v2_Tornado_Top.jpg
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Larry, I think we may be coming this year just to do your seminar(?) on the escape games. Looking for details, when will tickets go on sale?
                  Also, where do we go to buy them?
                  And because I probably missed it, how much will it cost?
                  (edited in) Lastly, WHERE will the Escape Rooms be? WIll they be at Transworld floor or another location?

I've been trying to find the data w/o having to ask, but between the internet here being worked on all the time (outrages) and back and forth in the hospital it's been difficult for me to find time to spend scouring for them.

Thanks
                  Last edited by Hacksaw; 01-05-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• OKay I haven't gone to bed yet been up all night updating www.thedarkness.com

NOW YOU CAN FINALLY go to the site and check out everything however tickets aren't for sale yet however they will be within a couple days.

But please check out the site its totally updated.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Our new haunted house is heading in the right direction ... this one big thing is a subway car we are building that will move. Larry

IMG_4747.JPGIMG_4754.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• IMG_4757.JPGIMG_4763.JPGIMG_4764.JPG
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Tickets will FINALLY go on sale tonight www.thedarkness.com
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Tickets are now FINALLY on sale... sorry for the delay and keep in mind they are CHEAPER RIGHT NOW! Also keep in mind events like this escape room tour is going to sell out FIRST! We can only hold so many people and no more. So get those asap. I do want to say our behind the scenes tours sell out every year and we do NOT add more tickets. Larry

https://www.fearticket.com/darkness_...ted_house_tour
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Couple updates ... as I stated we trying to finish our haunted house and hopefully it will be done this week. We are more or less done with all the build out and we are moving props in and from there trying to finish painting. We are picking up a ton of props Unit 70 at the end of this month. So once that happens we'll be really off the races. Tickets are on sale now. www.TheDarkness.com

pic 1.jpgpic 2.jpgpic 3.jpgpic 4.jpgpic 5.jpg
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• IT will take the rest of this week to really finish the total build out but I think everyone is really going to dig seeing a haunted house built from total scratch... We plan on starting our escape room build out next week. Larry

pic 6.jpgpic 7.jpgpic 8.jpg
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X