Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video of our Escape Rooms.

Okay in response to those last two emails (LOL). Let me answer all the same even though its going to sound like more PT Barnum. LOL

So I'm going to tell you honestly that I'm getting tired of doing this tours for several reasons. It takes a lot of work on the marketing side, a lot of work and stress to get them done and most importantly I don't want to open just to open. I'm spending a lot of money on the haunts to impress the haunt industry or maybe just myself. I don't know which. But the customers here locally don't really respond with raising of the attendance. So I'm really just pouring money down the drain. For the last 9 tours I could have built haunts from scratch just as good in probably 4 different cities. That is no joke.

So I'm really running out of things I want to do to The Darkness itself. The only place left to expand is the shop area's which we have about 16,000 square feet there. Without some massive overall which would cost hundreds of thousands... the QUE LINE is the last area that needs a massive redo. I can think of some other things like maybe selling Terror Visions and re-doing that 110% or ripping out the worthless museum at the end and doing something different there. I added on a new secondary haunt this past year Silo-X and the local customers wouldn't pay but $5.00 extra to attend. I basically lost a fortune there... LOL.

So when I say I'm getting near the end i'm telling you 110% I am... this one is probably the very very very last one for the Darkness. Like I said before unless I commit myself to rebuilding something and doing something really incredible I'm not opening. My sights are set on something different now... opening a haunted house in Indianapolis. So I can't go flushing all into the Darkness anymore. So with that all being said... the new que room is going to be amazing. You're going to love it we start building it on Monday.

The new Haunted Hotel Escape will be done by the end of this coming week (construction) following week it will be painted and themed. It will take around a month to install the puzzles and animations. I say with 110% fact this will be the best Darkness tour because it will be the biggest... when you think back to the first year we didn't even have the second building, we didn't have the escape rooms, party rooms, or zombie themed haunt. So yeah it keeps getting bigger with more stuff to see. This will be the biggest one ever! And I promise you 110% I will OPEN CREEPYWORLD and that will be a ONE TIME EVER and ONE TIME ONLY event and it will probably be next year. So we'll put our money into opening it and we will put nothing into the Darkness. Hopefully you can see how that would work. These tours only make so much money when you deduct out things like cost to upgrade or open, insurance, labor to operate, marketing costs, blah, blah very little is made. So I can't open Creepyworld and The Darkness in the same year. Does this long winded story explain?

Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• I don't know why the system is turning pics sideways... but this is part of the escape room where there will be an animation that tells you clues.

Larry

image4.JPGimage3.JPG
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

• Here some new pictures of our Escape Room Haunted Hotel. Check out the awesome tile on the floor!!!!

Larry

file2.jpegfile5.jpegfile6.jpeg
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• Here are some more pictures...

What you're seeing here is the rebuilding of our Zombie Laser Tag Counter to make room for everything else we're doing. There is a whole new way you enter that attraction now.

Additionally you're seeing some pictures of us working on the que line itself... the OLD que line is being turned into a new que line which is smaller and all in one room. The rest of the OLD que line is becoming more haunted house space. So in other words the actual OLD que line which was pretty big I would imagine around 4000 square feet or so about half of that is going to be NOW part of the haunted house.

These facades in some of these pictures use to be like a facade for entry into the haunt. They are being modified to be part of the haunt itself... we sprayed them down with concrete already repainted them. Now we're building scenes around them.

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

file.jpegfile7.jpegfile8.jpeg
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• What does everything think about this retro style artwork for a t-shirt

!cid_26ED34D5-8DE0-4210-85C4-9A8284526A35@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• i like it, reminds me of the old horror magazines.
              Jeff Newcombe
              Night Stalkers Haunted House
              Saginaw, Mi.

Comment

• Working on a new logo for Darkness. Btw I will have a ton of new photos TODAY!

We're getting pretty far with our QUE LINE and new Escape Room. We also ordered a few new animations from Poison Props those already came in. We also bought some new props from Gore Galore those are done as well. We're waiting for an order from Unit 70 and Ghost Ride and we'll be good to go!

Larry

!cid_19FEACBC-0D41-4F7A-A0AF-B35A89129548@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Two more pictures of the haunted mansion escape room. We actually started painting today. These pictures are like 4 days old. I gotta catch up. Larry

file.jpegfile1.jpeg
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Really excited to see this room in person.
                    Jeff Newcombe
                    Night Stalkers Haunted House
                    Saginaw, Mi.

Comment

• Thanks. And here are more pictures from today. Here is the update on the escapes as we're about TWO months out from the tour.

Their are three rooms to this new escape room. Two of the rooms are TOTALLY built and done with the exception of putting in the tile floor. They're now being painted. We will be working on the last and biggest room starting tommorrow that shoudl be done in about a week. I would guess the entire thing construction wise will be done within 7 days and painted. From there it will take off and on about 6 weeks to install all the detail, puzzles and props. So it will be ongoing process.

IMG_2382.JPGIMG_2385.JPGIMG_2386.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• This picture is upside down... whoops. What do you think of the floor.

IMG_2388.JPG
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                          What does everything think about this retro style artwork for a t-shirt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22307[/ATTACH]
                          But it's an image from a motion picture ad campaign. Are you thinking of basing some original art on this?

Comment

• Hey there folks... first and foremost here are pictures from both the que line under construction and the new escape room. The first two pictures show the que line under construction. There will be a week long delay in finishing it because we had to send some guys to DC and North Carolina to do some installs. We're about 7 days or so from finishing the Haunted Hotel escape room from a construction and paint side. Then will begin the long process of theming it and install animations plus puzzles.

As you can see we are well into painting. The hotel is three rooms and two rooms are totally done... just being painted. We started the last room today and it will be by far the most complicated. I would say maybe 5 or 6 days from now EVERYONE on our ENTIRE CREW will be out of the Escape Room area for GOOD! Once that happens EVERYONE is going into the que line. Once everyone gets into the que line I'm guessing we'll have the construction blasted out in about 7 days. From there it will be foam work, then hard coating then painting and finally install props.

You might be thinking oh wait then everything will be done in about two or three weeks ... NO NO NO we are then going into the darkness itself and starting a process of adding new animations, improving things, moving stuff around, blah, blah. I'm actually thinking however everything Darkness will be done within 6 weeks about 2 weeks before the show. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

file1.jpegfile2.jpegfile4.jpegfile5.jpeg
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Here are a couple more pictures from our haunted hotel. By Wed or so EVERYthing construction wise will be done and I believe it will be totally painted. The focus then will be on getting the construction of the que line going.

Larry
                              IMG_2393.JPGIMG_2396.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• So yes we're having lots of new monsters created for this tour. If you haven't heard Unit 70 isn't coming to the show this year. Sucks! However he's making a ton of new stuff for us and we'll have it all in The Darkness. We're creating this really cool attacking mummies scene its a throw back to our original animations where the mummies came out at you. However these will be the ultimate versions. Unit 70 is also making two massive monsters and a bunch of other stuff.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

!cid_2A9FA098-595D-4E92-817B-561700A46E44.jpg!cid_0297D3D3-1DCA-46FF-932F-791ED71006D9.jpg!cid_416A6B06-0322-445E-88BA-947DBF85224B.jpg
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X