Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Theme if Zombies are out what themes are in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Theme if Zombies are out what themes are in?

I don't think it matters if people think zombies are out they would still visit a haunt for the fun and not because the theme. Scares are what people want. But if people think zombies are out then what theme is in for 2014?

Yeah, I get that we've had 3 "Year of the Zombies" in a row but, it's waaaaaaaaaaay early to know this. January and February usually tell us what the prevailing theme will be.
    Mike Cirrincione
    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
    MAC Productions presents:
    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
    Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
    Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
      I don't think it matters if people think zombies are out they would still visit a haunt for the fun and not because the theme. Scares are what people want. But if people think zombies are out then what theme is in for 2014?
      My advice would be to not wait and let someone tell what's hot, start your own theme and make that hot.

Comment

Good thing I don't only have zombie clowns and animals then...I can do ghost clowns, vampire clowns, monster clowns, alien clowns, demon...well you see where I'm going... lol

I honestly think it's better to give people a mixture of things. The undead are a good staple of Halloween and haunts..I doubt having a few of them around will take away anything. Have a haunt with a theme that takes advantage of multiple kinds of creatures and scares and you can appeal to a wider audience.

Comment

Having a few zombies in a haunt would be a return to the norm, its expected. I think the whole haunt and theme filled with them is what might be changing now. At this point I think people can get their zombie fix watching the Walking Dead and that's sufficient.

Allan

Comment

Typically this sort of thing tends to be heavily influenced by the recent blockbuster horror films and TV shows, so what were they this year? With American Horror Story and Sleepy Hollow being huge TV hits, perhaps we'll see a shift toward story-driven haunts and "classic" horror themes. Maybe due to The Conjuring's success, there will be a resurgence of focus on the paranormal.

Comment

Its a good question... I think what is working in Hollywood is supernatural, ghosts, stuff along those lines. People don't believe in zombies even the hardcore zombie hunter one day hoping for an outbreak. People don't believe in vampires, they don't believe in werewolves, they don't believe in monsters, no one does!

Back in the day after Universal put Dracula out there people believed, people were scared of those movies because they believed it could happen. But today and I mean today with all kids have access to they don't believe in hardly nothing.

So this is where you are now... what are people afraid of these days besides the dark or people lurking in the dark. People believed in the Exorcist this drove people into church people believe in the devil, people believe in ghosts because they believe in afterlife. When you look around at all the movies that are making all the money its always the same demonic demons haunting a house or something.

All the movies that have really banked over the last 5 to 8 years have been supernatural demons ghosts or whatever from The Ring, to Sinister, to Conjuring, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Mama to old classics like Blair Witch, Six Sense, Excorcist and the list goes on... I think when it comes to Horror this theme doesn't die.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
              X