Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Runs Mud Runs whatever... the main gun is out of the business

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...iam-ward-lives

As I predicted this wouldn't last long... these guys did their first run here in St Louis a year ago they did about 6000 people they did another one here this year and didn't even do 1/3 the people... these guys actually advertised nationally on walking dead and If I'm not mistaken the super bowl or something.

Someone recently posted about the zombie craze being dead well i'm here to tell you its dead. So with that being said I agree with the statement in this article that they faced to much competition because that is true... half of the people who opened one was a haunter. But did haunters really make money with this???

Are haunters going to continue this? Everyone out there is trying to make a buck off of horror now and I really mean horror attractions... this is good an bad. Bad because everything is getting watered down.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

These guys are local and have been doing these runs for a few years. Aside from some business issues, it just proves zombies are OUT!

Allan

Comment

This is why

This is why I never styled my show around zombies. There's some major players in my state that have styled there whole haunt around zombies. I wonder if this will kill ticket sales or if they will spend major money on renovation.
      What do you guys think? Do you think this will hurt haunts with zombie theme named attractions? Will it also hurt zombie paintball( I never liked that idea much but each to his own).

Comment

Keep it original

We have stayed away from the whole zombie thing, although we do promote "Zombie Camping" as something different. Our storyline though really has nothing to do with Zombies. We have "Infected" and "Harvesters" but not Zombies. It seems to be working! I have always been afraid of the Zombie trend because trends seem to run out, while originality seems to carry on.
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

There have been so many people who aren't in the haunt industry to people in the haunt industry to you name cashing in on zombies and well it might be game over. All these themed runs, of all kinds are probably a money loser from this point forward. Themed restaurants has had a hayday so everyone was opening until most of those closed.

Makes you wonder if you overkill something if it simply kills it for everyone... meaning the haunt industry. Its just going over the top right now with the type of people and business trying to do haunted attractions.

I'm wondering if maybe our industry has got to much press the way zombies did if it can turn on us a bit... to much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

competition seems to be the problem...

While some decline in Zombies may be happening it seems that competition may be the true culprit. The Run for Your Lives runs have been picked up by the company that produces a very popular "Dirty Girls" race series and others. Fitness and fun are NOT going away, but the race themes may fade. http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...0,419777.story
            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I think I read someone else bought it or something and read they even did a tomato run or something where people throw tomatoes at you! LOL

I knew the minute I heard about these zombies runs they wouldn't last not with so many haunters out there... the concept got cannibalized.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

I agree that zombies are dying in pop culture BUT Run for Your Lives is not the culprit. Run For Your Lives failed because they pissed off every vendor, sponsor and most importantly land lord there is. Another zombie run is currently seeing an insane increase in sales. If you don't burn bridges, if you know how to market yourself and you have the know how on how to do something right, it will succeed.

Comment

Working...
                X