Haunt Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Business

I talked with a friend of mine about my ideas of starting up a haunt. He is pretty business savey. He like my ideas and thought that I was on the right track. However he thought that I was missing something. What that something is, I am not sure.

He asked what is needed to open a haunt?

This is what I had told him.

1. Money
    2. A large enough location to expand if needed with parking
    3. A location with strong demographics
    4. Good and reliable insurance
    5. A good partner helps
    6. A good business plan
    7. A good network of people
    8. A solid story line
    9. The best advertisement you can get your hands on
    10. Sponsors
    11. Resources
    12. Lots of research
    13. I told him about the conventions
    14. A friendship with the local Fire and Police

I am not sure if I listed every thing. But if I missed something tell me. He does not know to much about the industry, so I did my best from the top of my head.

Thanks Brian

Preferably a business partner that has worked in the business for many years? -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

You forgot a George Jettson mask cut out from the back of a cereal box.
      This is what you will wear to discipline employees and what you will be wearing when you go to the bank for haunted house funding (don't forget your ray-gun, George!)
      If they catch you the George Jettson mask will already constitute your insanity plea.
      "Clothes make the man"?
      Meet someone wearing a mask like this in public and you will be wondering for days and nights later and looking over your shoulder , genuinely scary!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

"Positive Energy"
        A can do Attitude ! is my number one pick.
        Ghoul Town

Comment

Well, you need a haunt. You need talent, you need to work a rediculous amount of hours, it's a full time job.
          You need to have many skills, managing, marketing, entertaining, theatrical, accounting, estimating/budgeting, technical, construction, sales, artistic.....Whichever of these skills you don't have, you have to hire people to fill the need.

Mostly you better really love it, because if you don't, you won't open for a second season.
          Jim H
          Dark Raven Designs
          http://www.darkravendesigns.net

Comment

Thanks guys, I knew that I would get some good answers from you all.

Comment

Working...
            X