Looking for feedback on consulting companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for feedback on consulting companies

I was just wanting to know what consulting companies people are using and which ones to steer clear of. I'm looking for consulting companies with the most bang for the buck. Also what do you recommend using them for (I.e. marketing, design, actor training etc)? Just trying to figure out where and what my money would be best spent on!
    Or if consultants are really nessacary.
    Any suggestions?

Mike Lenz
    Trepidation Acres

Give Badger a call, he's on this board also

http://www.rabidbadger.biz/
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
      Give Badger a call, he's on this board also

http://www.rabidbadger.biz/
      Is Badger a haunt owner? I'd think he'd be great for actor consulting but for the business side of things I'd recommend asking one of the highly successful and most of all PROFITABLE haunt owners what they would charge you for a few hours at your location for consulting. They will know the most about sustainability and success.

DA

Comment

I have found that most consultants charge a lot for what they do. Each have a area that they are good at and fall short in others. As far as web sites and internet the go to guy is Chad Savage at Sinister Visions, he is one of the best at connecting internet, Facebook, twitter and the such all together so its easier to manage. Acting I would tell you to talk to Allen Hopps, Drew Badger, or Geoff Beck, they are all good. Haunt design I would say try a new group call Open Casket Design, the are out of Texas and are great a highly detailed decor. If you look up Spoils or haunt house on the haunt forum you will see some pictures of the their haunt and what kind of work they do. If you have the budget Larry is great and also Kip Polley can do a turn key package for you, but like I said you will need to have the funds for that. Advertising all I can say is good luck, Larry has some good post on here about that and you should be working with a local PR person that is plugged into you market anyway. And the best is Transworld classes and this forum, there are lots of people that are willing to give you help and advise. Remember that you need to find guys that will fit you need, everyone see a haunted house a different way.
        Phatman

Comment

Couple things here... what exactly do you want a consultant for? There hasn't been anyone really in the haunt industry marketing themselves as consultants for a long time. The best consultants are the people who are actually operating successful haunted houses people who started on the ground floor, made a lot of mistakes, had more success, and continues to push the boundaries of what is or isn't possible.

So when you consider all of that and you consider all the information that is already out there on youtube, how to videos, magazines, forums and everything else... what more are you going to get out paying someone? You can do seminars to everything else... if you hire a consultant ask yourself are they the type of person you want to be like when its all said and done.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Is Badger a haunt owner? I'd think he'd be great for actor consulting but for the business side of things I'd recommend asking one of the highly successful and most of all PROFITABLE haunt owners what they would charge you for a few hours at your location for consulting. They will know the most about sustainability and success.

DA
            I'm not posting his resume, but the guy has a ton of haunt experience. I've had many conversations with him and was very impressed with his knowledge of overall haunt operations. The call, I'm sure, is free.
            Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
              I'm not posting his resume, but the guy has a ton of haunt experience. I've had many conversations with him and was very impressed with his knowledge of overall haunt operations. The call, I'm sure, is free.
              You may be right, especially if its free advice why not!! But still, I wouldn't pay anyone's advice unless they've actually been there and risked THEIR money and reputation for the business and became successful. It's kinda like the armchair quarterback who watches a lot of football and thinks he could coach the team better. Or in sticking with football, like Jerry Jones thinking he knows more about football than everyone else because he owns the team. Not that I'm saying badger isn't knowledgable, but if someone is laying down the cash they should look for someone who has real experience and who has "been there" before from every level of the business from starting out to building a successful business and brand. To me, that person's advice is worth gold!

DA

Comment

There are few people that do this type of work out there and i will say that I have not found a person that covers all aspects of haunting. Larry is very knowledgable and does do design and build, another person that I know that is great with most aspects is Allen Hopps, but he is now running Darkhour in Dallas so I don't know how much time he has to do consulting. I have have spent a lot of time with Allen, just recently on the Ledgendary Haunt tour, and I loved our talks about haunting. He one of those people that will help anyone with advice and direction. As far as Badger I would say is more a actor trainer, he and Allen did my acting class here in Michigan back in June and both were fabulous. Like Larry said you need to know what you are looking for before you can really hire someone and his advice about finding someone that fit you personally is on the money.

Man I hate sounding like a Larry kiss ass, but what I said is true. Dam. LOL
                Phatman

Comment

Thanks in advance
                  Last edited by Trepidation acres; 11-28-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I recommend talking with Dick Terhune. I have attended several of his advertising classes and he knows his stuff. email me if you would like any other recommendations, I can give you a relatively politics free run down
                    - stiltbeast@gmail.com
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Overly sensitive I see. I read the entire thread and saw no bashing of any kind, including Mr. Badger. That's what this forum has become of late, people just too sensitive and afraid to engage in a real dis us soon with opposing views.
                      If you want a consultant, then hire Larry he's been around decades now and owns three big haunts. He'll help you from the vantage point of owning running and growing a haunt from first hand experience. I think that was the point being made.

Jake

Comment

Larry,

in the advertising department, where do you think money is best spent to get customers in the door?
                        I know social media is a big one, but what do you think about radio or even tv ads?
                        I would like to reach as many people in my market as possible.

Allen,

Thanks, ill check out his web site.

Jake
                        Thanks for your concern about my "sensitivity"!! Lmao

Comment

Working...
                        X