Hauntworld.com Updates - Need Your Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld.com Updates - Need Your Input

FYI... Hauntworld slayed it this year. I was at IAAPA and was being told over and over again Hauntworld.com was their second biggest traffic source behind only Google. All together the site reached up to 16,000 most popular on the web, was listed in countless national stories, and reached almost 10 million people!

We want to add new features that help your haunted houses... what can we do?

We already plan on adding sorting buttons that help our guests find featured haunts easier, we are adding a new twitter feature that is coming within days, but what else do you think we can do for you?

We also plan on totally changing your profiles so you can build a website within the website and even grab your own unique url's ... all should be done prior to TW.

But can you think of things we could do better or features you'd like to see? We have plans on trying to double our traffic in 2014... how? That is secret!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

No one has a complaint or a good idea on how to make searching our site better or how we can make your profile better...

I can tell you however that we are working on how your profiles are displayed right now that will be like a website within a website.

But as we look to change and upgrade everything looking for input.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Well making the entire site mobile friendly would be a HUGE hair for both us regulars and the crowds of people that flock here looking for haunts to go to on their smartphones. It'd be appreciated around the board.

The site overall functions fine, i don't see what their is to add to features, but maybe modernizing the overall look? Less is more!

Comment

Get rid of the news blog or just have it as a link people can click to read the news. It takes up way too much space on the homepage.The Facebook feed doesn't look good either and there's too much black space on the homepage. The homepage is way too cluttered. It needs to be simplified. I bet that most people who visit the site don't click on half of the buttons on the homepage because it's so cluttered and confusing. Get rid of the description of the site that's on the bottom of the homepage. There's no point in having two descriptions on the homepage unless you're doing that to get a better Google ranking because of Keywords used.
        Spooky Wishes
        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Forums

Forums: I think paid advertisers should be in rotation up top (instead of only your companies) and in the ads on the right.

Doug.
          www.frightprops.com
          www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
          [Google+] [YouTube]
          [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

keep it simple for the mobile versions

One stat that jumped out at me this year in evaluating our web stats for one of the haunts is that the number of moblie and tablets being used on our website jumped up dramatically and the regular pc's (laptop/desktops) went down a bunch. I also saw the screen resolutions were small showing that the phone screens are limited and any site needs to keep that in mind.

I am attaching two screen shots of one of our haunts google analytics for an example.

Keep it simple.

Brett
            Attached Files
            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Keep the comments coming...

Doug if you hadn't notice we are doing just what you asked... you see banners rotating right now for Hauntworld Magazine and Haunted House Supplies as an example. We had to build into the back end a way to control them first we had to place some there.

We are working on a sales deck of the new magazine once that is done all new advertisers in 2014 will be placed exactly as you asked.

It all takes time but the the back end controls for the banners are now done.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Working...
              X