New Years Eve haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Eve haunt?

Any haunts out there thinking about opening on New Years Eve? Anyone tried it before?

Since we have our permit through December; thinking about opening NYE from 7:30 to 11:00, then close the doors and celebrate the new year with our actors.

We would keep the Happy HorrorDays theme going, but add Father Time and Baby New Year characters. Any thoughts/comments?

Kelly Collins
    The ScareAtorium, Columbus
    Happy HorrorDays - An Xmas Nightmare

If you're doing it to try to turn a profit and have labor costs, I'd advise against it. People are already busy, and many parties and dinners reserve way in advance. I just don't think it would attract many people. If you're doing it for fun and you have volunteers, then sure go for it.

Just my 2 cents.

DA

Comment

I agree, I think it would be similar to why Halloween night is generally a horrible night for haunted houses- people have plans already. I think it's a cool idea and would probably be a lot of fun, but it would be hard to make it financially successful unless you could keep your costs way down.
      Mike Quill
      Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

go for it

Kelly,

I say try it. Get the local tv stations and other media on board asap with an alternative to the traditional partying.

Brett
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Again, like potential guests, I think the media would be less interested in this as a story. They barely care during your season and would think its odd that a Halloween attraction is trying to solicit press for a holiday the media already has no shortage of events and news to cover, not to mention the year in review videos they all constantly show. Its just too busy and too much going on and if you live in a town with a decent population which Columbus does have, I do not think they'd feature you then. Just keep your overhead as low as possible and promote through your email list and Facebook and hope 200 people show up.

DA

Comment

Xmas pic.jpgCopy of Xmas pic.jpg

We have a pretty good relationship with our local news media. My wife Neena, is very persistent about sending out press releases. Our Happy HorrorDays event release was picked up by the Columbus Dispatch and they posted a picture with a nice headline in their Weekend Events newspaper insert. This was seen by several local radio stations who reported on it this morning. We’ll see what happens this weekend and let you all know.

Kelly Collins
            The ScareAtorium - Happy HorrorDays - An Xmas Nightmare

Comment

Working...
            X