Google Analytics ... Read This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Analytics ... Read This

Listen guys when I talk to haunt owners out there I'm having to explain this over and over again... but Google Analytic does not work correctly. I think one time some guy who thinks he knows something wrote an article saying all haunts needs to add Google Analytics to their website so they know where their traffic comes from... AHHHH NO!

Google program is FREE that right there says it all... trust me I talk to enough haunt owners to know the Google program is NOT accurate nor does it give the business owner the tool they really need to understand what is going on.

I can't stress enough how important it is for you to get your accurate information because it helps you understand how to market your business, what is what isn't working...

Take a look at this site and the video I've linked below... this program will help you much better. What is funny is I've had a few haunts change over and they found their traffic doubled ... it doubled because now they are getting accurate stats. Google makes great programs but Google Analytic isn't one of them.

http://www.smartertools.com/smarters...-software.aspx

Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Their are in fact some much better tracking programs than google analytics however you have to be careful when you see that much traffic increase just from switching platforms. Most of the time the main reason for this is that non google analytics software count traffic coming from search engine bots . Google and other search engine spider websites very frequently and can skew your statistics if they aren't discounted in your reports. Just make sure whatever program you use is working properly, technically speaking you shouldn't see much of a difference in traffic as the means for how data is collected is the same however different systems can organize it and make it much easier to understand as well as provide more or less insights .
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Working...
    X