Summer Hayrides....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Hayrides....

Has anyone tried a summer hayride setup? Currently the haunt I do some work with is considering a summer haunt session. It's warmer, and may be able to capitalize on kids being out of school for the summer etc....

Anyone have any thoughts?

Granted it stays lighter much longer, so it would only be for 2-3 hours Friday and Saturday nights... Maybe a good way to dial in the scenes and such for the fall season?

Input welcome

I think for the most part if people go to one of your off season shows, especially later in the year, they would probably not have the desire to return in October. The urgency would be gone and they'd just want to try somewhere else new. BUT, you've sold them the ticket anyway and you may pick up people who wouldn't come during the season anyway.

I personally think that people generally want their scary stuff around Halloween and that's pretty much it. They will see a movie all year, but the equate haunted houses and hayrides with a Halloween seasonal activity and that's when they are interested. There are always a few die hards who'd go anytime, but not a whole lot of people.

Jake

Comment

For the summer activities you have a better chance doing a paintball attraction than a hayride. It doesnt follow the seasonal business as much as a hayride fall feeling. Several of my clients run their paintball attractions all year or on demand.
      Birthday parties are very popular with our trailers because you get to play paintball but dont get hurt or have the mess accociated with actually playing..
      Thats just my opinion. I dont know how well a summer hayride would be but you might be suprized.

Greg Allen
      Zombie Safari Paintball
      paintballtrailers.com
      Greg Allen
      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Jake, great point. Maybe go for more of a "summer hayride" theme with smores and such.... An overnight camping "ghost hunt" experience? But going haunted too early in the season doesn't seen logical, you're exactly right. Thanks!!!

Comment

Happy to help. I like your idea about the summer vibe hayride.
          Let us know if you open and how it works out.

Good luck!

Jake

Comment

Greg and Jake already said everything I was thinking. So whatever you choose to do, good luck! Hope it's a success!

Comment

Working...
            X