Worst Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Luck

Alright I don't know about all of you, but every season our chainsaws always break!!!!!!

Do you have the same problem?
    or if not, what type of chainsaw do you use that works like a charm?

Thanks,
    Nic

Stihl is what we use,

Comment

We had same issue until

We decided to spend the extra money and buy only Echo chainsaws and last season (our 2nd and 3rd season for some saws) we had to replace plug on one and pull cord on another. We were having to do these repairs on a nightly basis when we used Poulan, Craftsman and McCullock that were $100 each vs the $200-$250 on the Echos.

Good luck,

Dan Augusto
      Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Option I keep considering is the Spooky Props Electronic chainsaw! http://spookyprops.com/chainsaw.html

No matter how good the chainsaw, there is always that chance for a misfire. Funny how someone goes through the entire attraction, thoroughly enjoys every minute, then the damn chainsaw misfires and they walk away disappointed!!!

The $750 price tag is always a consideration, but then how much do you spend on chainsaws, gas, repairs etc. every year?????

Just saying.....
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I worked at a volunteer fire department haunted house for many years and we used a little of everything but stihl worked the best and we had some break too but the people that was running them was over revving them and causing them to blow up .... Don't know if thats what you maybe have going on ...

Comment

I hate to sound like a jerk here but that spooky props chainsaw screams LAME to me every time I hear it. It sounds like a recording, not real. Its one of those things that when actually spend more on something, its much worse than a cheap $100 chainsaw. If you indoors I kinda get it, but outside it sounds pretty bad.

DA

Comment

I broke down a couple of years ago and bought a Husqvarna. Haven't had a single problem since. I WAS buying a Poulan every year. I agree that the fake one is not an option after seeing one in action. Also, a lot of people don't realize that the chain can be on the saw with very little alterations.
              Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

We always used Craftsman. We went through 2 a year most seasons but, they are cheap enough where even if ou buy 2 or three a year it won't kill your budget.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

I have an idea...

What if you bought a cheap gas powered chainsaw....
                  1. Cheap gas powered saw.
                  2. When it miss fires you have a back up mp3 sound repeater on a foot trigger with very loud clear speakers.
                  3. You could set up a pair of speakers one next to the actor and another about 8 to 10 feet away towards the exit.
                  This can be a permanent solution to a indoor haunt.
                  Volume = SCARY.
                  4. FYI... I have a good chainsaw sound on my machines of death CD.
                  http://www.poisonprops.com/vol-5-machines-of-death/
                  sigpic
                  PEACE, ADAM
                  www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Husqvarna.

Stop being cheap.

I've had mine for 12 years, was owned by a local farmer before that. Other then a 80 dollar rebuild three years ago on the piston, it starts the first time every time. I even use mine in the off season to trim.

Or Stihl.

But Echo, Poulan, etc are all junk. I've seen them all and played with most. Terrible vibration in the hand, torque is iffy, and they're unreliable.

Trust me, spend 300-350, and enjoy it for years to come.

Comment

We have an indoor haunt, and honestly, the spookyprops chainsaw does drop groups. Not as good as a real chainsaw would, but, I won't use a real one indoors with the fumes. I really like Adam's idea with adding remotely triggered speakers in the room with the chainsaw. I may add that to the current room I am using the spookyprops chain saw in to supplement the effect.
                      Brian Warner
                      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

In the 23 years I've been in the haunted hayride business, I have used every brand of saw out there and have found that it is the person using it. They will all break down but if you have a person operating one that has an idea about small engines it will save you. We have used Poulans for the past several years. They work fine, they are lighter and pull over easy. Trust me get the right person running it and don't spend 300.00 on chainsaw for a prop.

Comment

Husqvarna - pricey but it lasts.

Husqvarna is what we use. We have used it two seasons now without any problems. Starts right up, and keeps running. When the season is over, we put the chain back on it and use it around the house (outside - no trimming banisters and stuff). I looked at the fake chainsaws but the sound was not right. Plus, my guys will put the chain bar down on the tram rail which is metal, and the vibration adds to the scare. I have a Poulan - is sits in one of our haunt rooms as a static prop.

Otherwise go with Stihl. Everything else I use around here is Stihl, and you just can beat their stuff.
                          Travis "Big T" Russell
                          President
                          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Great subject

Originally posted by Nic Miele View Post
                            Alright I don't know about all of you, but every season our chainsaws always break!!!!!!

Do you have the same problem?
                            or if not, what type of chainsaw do you use that works like a charm?

Thanks,
                            Nic
                            The problem is not the chainsaws. we have used all brands>> the problem is maintainance and TLC. I have a solution to your pull cords. If you'd like I can bring some to Transworld and show you how to never replace them again..Unlesss you cut it..

Comment

I know nothing about gas engines. I was recently told by my mechanic, who I trust in general, that I should use only ethanol free gas for small engines like chainsaws and generators. Something about regular gas causing built up in parts like the carborator. Anyone knowledgeable about that?

Comment

Working...
                              X