Building a Big Foot Costume... pretty awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Big Foot Costume... pretty awesome

Friend of mine Patrick Magee sent this over... he's making this for a movie!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Big Foot Costume

That is awesome, most people don't realize the work that goes into a suit like this. Imagine punching one hair at a time just on the head, not to mention the chest, hands and feet.

Dan Augusto
    Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Face

Pretty cool but would like to have seen the face a little flatter and rounder like a person? But still awesome face movements for sure! Shane and it's love me some Bigfoot!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Wow

Crazy awesome work! (Besides the blue on the nose area, makes it look like a baboon nose)

Comment

Who would like to see these guys make costumes for the haunt industry... he's thinking about it. What kind of over sized creature costumes would you like to see made? Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Bigfoot

Fantastic work. Refreshing to see something not CGI.

Comment

That costume is made by Winston Studios.

There are many people in the industry that can easily make this costume...

But at what cost? I think most will not pay the high amount....

Another issue is there are at least 3 actors controling it. One in the costume and two with remotes.

You think haunts will give up 3 actors on 1 costume... I think not.....

Stew

Comment

Hold the phone for a second... there would not be any remote controls in the costumes so all that wouldn't be in the costume. A costume with all that stuff would cost about 20k and yes I agree no haunt would want it... what we are talking about here is monster costumes for haunts with none of that other stuff.

What do you think haunts would pay for a super high end costume. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Price Point for Bigfoot Costume

I would be thrilled if it was in the $1500.00 range, we operate outdoors so It's a Huge investment to put a high end costume on an actors back. I loved the Meat Man costume that Robert Kurtzman had last season but just couldn't spend $2700 on one costume. I'd like to hear other folks price points..

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
                  Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

"Flatter" Rounder face?

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                    Pretty cool but would like to have seen the face a little flatter and rounder like a person? But still awesome face movements for sure! Shane and it's love me some Bigfoot!!!!
                    I think maybe the reason it is not flatter or rounder is because... that has been done before.
                    When hiring someone to put the tiny hairs all over this "Monkey Suit" just simply place an ad in the local paper:"Ever wanted to punch Bigfoot?"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X