Moving forum? Banner ad size problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving forum? Banner ad size problem?

Anyone else having the issue where the forum moves on you? It looks like the issue might be caused by the banner ad at the top of the page. It seems to rotate through different ad sizes, and those different sizes seem to affect all the content below them (which is the entire forums, shifted up or down depending upon the ad size). Anyone else seeing this? I'm using Firefox. It's rough, because I'll go to click on a thread, and it move out from underneath of my pointer, ha ha! If you stop moving your mouse, and sit and watch it for a few seconds, you'll see it happening, or at least it's happening on my screen.
    Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Moving Forum

Yes it moves for me as well.. Very annoying when your trying to read..

Dan

Comment

Yes please fix...

Yep please fix...

Comment

Yup. I think everyone is experiencing the same problem. Really is annoying!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

+1

Ah, not just me then.

I have the same problem.

For a down and dirty solution, go to the bottom left of the page and switch over to the 'default mobile style', it's not as pretty but far less jumpy.

Comment

If only I was ever on here from a real computer lol, safari on my iPhone is just fine. The mobile forum is easier to navigate now as opposed to the old look.....it was not very mobile friendly before......(unless you used tapatalk but that was broken every other week lol).

The only issue I'm having is that some photos show up while others do not.....weird problem.

LARRYYYYYYY!!!!! Hauntworld 911! Lol

Comment

I'm not experiencing this issue... what browser are you using? Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Also be sure your browser is up to date too

Comment

I'm using a Mac lap top, running the mobile version of hauntworld stops the jumping

Browser is Safari Version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

Hope it helps, great forum!

Comment

New reply on the bottom doesn't work either. The arrow doesn't change when hovering over it.

Safari should least be 5.1.10 and unless there is some reason you don't upgrade it could be as new as ver 7

Comment

Thank you Mr Paws, I'll try an upgrade to .10

ver 7? Nah, very late adopter me

If it aint broke........

The mobile version is great, works well on a lappy.

Comment

Everything seems to be working to me... if people are still seeing problems can you please post a fresh concern so I know what is or isn't still an issue. We'll fix it.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yes the screen still jumps up and down based on the changing of the banners running across the top of the screen. Also the New Reply button lower left part of screen does not work.

Please fix - thanks!

Comment

Screen is bouncy and the reply button you have to get lucky to send a reply.

Stew

Comment

Private message is also not working. Messages I was saving is also lost...

stew

Comment

Working...
                              X