Rubies HalloweenShow/Hauntcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubies HalloweenShow/Hauntcon

We attended the Rubies Halloween Expo with attached Hauntcon show. The first day of the show Hauntcon was permitting buyers from the wholesale show and vendors into the hauntcon side. The second day however the Hauntcon show would not allow the wholesalers into Haunton without paying $45 to get in. Let me just say Hauntcon was about 20 booths and I would not have paid $5 to walk through 5 minutes of vendors. This was also a problem as the Haunters were allowed full access to the wholesale floor with hundreds of vendors. After some of the Hauntcon vendors complained that they wanted the chance to sell to the wholesale buyers Hauntcon finally relented and allowed everyone to go in. Some people always step over a dollar to pick up a quarter.

And Larry I know you always say haunters have no interest in the Wholesale and party side but now I know you are dead wrong. I worked a booth as a favor and have to say I wrote over a dozen orders for haunts and haunters. We were very courteous regardless of the badges and treated them the same as the big buyers and they were very pleased.

Overall the only thing that interested me at the show was meeting artist and the new masks by trick or treat studios and Ghoulish Productions.

Would add photos but this site keeps giving me error messages so we will post them on facebook very shortly here is the link...
    https://www.facebook.com/LordGrimleysManor
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Couple things... one the photo section works what browser are you using? I want to look into that. I'll show you see picture that is attached... I'm using firefox what browser did you try to use? I want to check into that pronto! The picture is our bathroom we are building from Darkness.

Secondly I never said haunters have no interest in retail ... I think you misunderstood. When teh debate was raging about should haunters stay co-located with retail I was saying that haunters and retails should not be co-located because haunters aren't interested in retail on an overall sense. There are several haunts out there that actually own big retail stores, have a retail store in their haunt... without a doubt there are haunters out there interested in retail but not to the level that retail and haunt industry need to work together. Does that make sense? If someone needs to go to a retail show they can but as you saw not many haunters showed up and they know about the show... which kind of goes along with my point.

I want to see your pictures can you try again to post them and see if it works??? I'm dying to see you post the pics... Thanks Larry

DSC00076.jpg
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry

Where the heck was Patti, I kept looking for her to appear in the booth but nobody showed....
      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Houston Expo

I attended the Halloween Expo last weekend in Houston. I did not attend Hauntcon due to several reasons...time, money etc. I found the Expo very interesting. The vendors were all very receptive and courteous; however, my entry badge had my parent company name on it and not my Dba Haunt name...whether or not it had anything to do with it.
        I did find many interesting products and actually placed numerous orders to my surprise. I ordered numerous masks, found some awesome foam filled latex giant snakes, cockroaches, spiders, centipedes and bats...all of which will take a little haunted TLC from my artists along with vibration motor or pneumatic and BAM, an effective affordable scare!! I also grabbed a dozen plastic poseable skeletons that can easily be corpsified all the while being affordable and lite weight. Fortunately I ran into another haunter and we combined orders to meet minimums and he negotiated some additional discounts. Win-Win!

Lastly, just an honest observation which may not sit well with some of you. I am not stating that this applies to all fellow haunters.
        However, I couldn't help noticing that while hanging out in the hotel(s) lobby after hours with Expo vendors and attendees, there wasn't the rude and obnoxious behavior. No left over pizza boxes, no piles of food wrappers, beer bottles. No one howling outside the lobby at 4 am resulting in the police being called. I didn't see drink glasses left outside on window ledges nor was the ground littered in cigarette butts. Seemed to be a different "class" of people. Some haunters could take a lesson from this. It's dishearting when some people in our industry don't consider that their behaviors reflects on all of us.

All in all, it was a very productive and worthwhile venture to Tx.

Comment

I agree with thehauntgr that people in our industry can have a little too much fun. Especially when they run up and down the halls screaming at 4am. Most of us are there to do business so it kinda sucks.
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimley View Post
            I agree with thehauntgr that people in our industry can have a little too much fun. Especially when they run up and down the halls screaming at 4am. Most of us are there to do business so it kinda sucks.
            I agree 1000%. It'd be easy to blame all the actors that are somehow allowed in, but sadly a lot of the shameful behavior is coming from haunt owners. For some strange reason, it's celebrated in our business.

Allan

Comment

Working...
            X