Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cgi

Hey!

Does anyone know what exactly universal studios accomplished this look with there TVs that they use for CGIs?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKOS5qayMeA

Is it a film that they put on the screen? or a glass covering the t.v. that gives it that older look and takes away from the brightness of the t.v.?

That is cool!
    I use to be a picture framer once upon a time, and we used a non-glare type glass or plex-glass in some of the frames. This looks very similar, but it looks like a texture has been added to the non-glare glass to emulate the texture of an oil painting.
    I don't know if this would work, cause it just popped into my head, but you might try painting a layer of Modge Podge on a pane of glass, leaving the brush strokes in it to create a similar effect. I may have to test that on a small scale to see if it works.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Haunted house master lol

Larry, do you know the secret?

Comment

PopFX likely

Comment

I'm pretty sure he's asking about the texture, not how they shot the video. LOL They just apply a treatment to the acrylic on the video monitors. If you've been on the ride if you touch it, you can feel it has a raised surface like brush strokes on a painting. What the texture is made from, I'm not sure. Some kind of resin maybe?
            Lee D. Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Gahaunter View Post
              I'm pretty sure he's asking about the texture, not how they shot the video. LOL They just apply a treatment to the acrylic on the video monitors. If you've been on the ride if you touch it, you can feel it has a raised surface like brush strokes on a painting. What the texture is made from, I'm not sure. Some kind of resin maybe?
              ^^^ BINGO! lol
              yes im trying to find out what they used to give it that look

Comment

Yes we can do that... but I'm caught off guard about your account its showing guest. Are you able to log in correctly? Is there an error with your account ... please let me know.

There is a piece of plexi over the tv sets, and they are using this crackle paint clear to create that aging look.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry

Yea im not 100% sure. after you redid hauntworld.com I couldnt activate my facebook on here anymore "Nic Miele" so I made a new account FearTheMassacre but it shows up as a guest. Help me fix it? lol

And awesome! yea we always put plexiglass over our cgis with the fear of someone just breaking the tv.
                  Could you send me a link of the Crackle paint?

Comment

Working...
                  X