X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netherworld 2014 Theme revealed

SNOW and ICE!!!

5bb413b4890f11e39d590ebfbae2fbbd_8.jpg

Us Northerners can't help but find this mildly humorous but sucks people were stranded and the same storm brought us snow but it's all removed now. Dumbest part was sending kids to school when you already know you're ill prepared for snow/ice in any quantity.

Yeah, haha. And the next time you have a rare bad event happen in your area, know that Southerns don't delight in your misery.

Seriously, though, I've lived in Georgia for over 40 years. The number of times I can remember ice and snow shutting down highways is not very many. It just doesn't happen enough to justify having a real infrastructure to avoid it. So saying we're dumb is just dumb. It happened but as the song says, a country boy can survive.

Comment

I didn't say anyone was dumb. Knowing you don't have the infrastructure to handle a weather event of this type yet putting your citizens in life threatening situations is however. Especially young children.

Comment

Certain Infrastructures should be common

But often times are not.
        I was traveling through Tenn. and Kentucky years ago when local people were telling me that some people around that portion of the USA still were without electricty 4 to 6 weeks after a big storm had blown through!??
        How in heck would a modern household tolerate such a thing? What if you had a deep freezer full of meat when this happened? What if you had to have electricity to power medical equipment to sustain life itself?
        What if you could not afford to own a generator ? After everyone loses power for a day or two, try and find a generator to buy!
        Power Companys trying to get by cheap owning not enough boom trucks or hiring enough highly trained employees, I guess might be the root of such a problem.
        Record snow in Georgia is not the same thing at all since such weather is so rare there.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
          putting your citizens in life threatening situations is however. Especially young children.
          I haven't heard of a single case in which a kid's life was in danger. Sitting on a stuck bus for 8 hours wasn't life threatening. Sleeping in a school system over-night isn't life threatening. I have however heard many personal tales of neighbors hosting and helping complete strangers who were temporarily stranded. I've heard of people who flocked to the schools to assist. I've heard tales of fleets of rednecks with 4 wheel drive driving out to help push strangers out of the snow.

The media you are watching must be exagerating. If anything, this kind of rare event helped unite people. Personally I welcome such events. We need more.

Comment

Evil Lurks Beneath The Ice!

Snow NETHERWORLD Collector Wrap 8.jpgSnow Netherworld Gateway 1.jpgSnow Big NETHERWORLD Gargoyle 5.jpgSnow Left Gargoyle NETHERWORLD 6.jpgSnow Netherworld Gargoyle Ice Drool 2.jpg
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Snow Netherworld pumpkin 3.jpgSnow NETHERWORLD Reaper 7.jpgSnow Netherworld Skull 4.jpg
              Ben Armstrong
              www.Fearworld.com

Comment

The media I'm watching shows a lot of pissed off parents who felt thier kids should've stayed home based on the forecast. The fact city leaders didn't air on the side of caution has apparently pissed a lot of other people off. Seeing highways doubling as parking lots is nuts.

Comment

Ben did you dress up and go play in the snow for that 1st picture?

Comment

Actually that is the wrap on my car!

Netherfleet.jpg
                    Ben Armstrong
                    www.Fearworld.com

Comment

I love it - and not just because we're from Minnesota. A home haunt called DARKROSE MANOR really executed the scenery for a ice haunt really well. We did a blog post on home haunts and featured it - scroll down to #2 for pictures.

http://blog.frightprops.com/five-hom...low-your-mind/

-Drew
                      www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                      [Google+] [YouTube]
                      [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

They said it would never freeze over....

1655829_10203263037086803_799211152_n.jpg
                        Ben Armstrong
                        www.Fearworld.com

Comment

That's funny... so in other words Netherworld (HELL) froze over!

Dude you guys have a lot of freezing problems these days. This is why I don't suggest people try to open for Valentines Day, or any of these other things you just can't count on the weather to be your friend.

Its FREEZING in St Louis we couldn't open some SUN!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                          X