Soundtrack selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundtrack selection

Can anyone suggest a good soundtrack or soundtracks ours is a little played out and all the ones I keep coming across kinda suck?

PoisonProps.com

I think PoisonProps.com can fill your needs.
    You can listen to samples on the website.
    http://www.poisonprops.com/audio-cds/
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

I second this. I combine Adam's tracks with his sound effects tracks, change them up, and loop them. Compliments went through the roof last season about how realistic everything sounded. Go with PoisonProps. The price pays for itself in quality.

Comment

We use a lot of Jerry Vayne excerpts throughout the house. He let's you go royalty free and is genuinely a good guy. He's the first we look at when trying to decide mood or scare sound. Gotta support those that support you back
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

While I think Jerry does good music, most haunts need ATMOSPHERE to be set, not music. Rock music doesn't immerse people into the world, it tells the side of their brain that it is simply music, and that pulls them OUT of the false reality that we want to create. Sound effects, light themed music (organs for circus, banjos for swampy bayou, etc) for rooms, and surround sound is what will make or break an experience. I can speak for MANY that say that rock music in a haunt just doesn't work.

Comment

Soundtrack stuff

I use a lot of Gore Galores stuff/ midnight Syndicate for atmosphere. I use some of poison props stuff for sound effects.

I have a audio guy that puts all my stuff in a show control computer and he finds lots of free stuff on the Internet but I do prefer to support industry guys for most of my sound needs.

Buck
            Capt.Chaos
            Fear Asylum Haunted House
            Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

At Forsaken Haunted House I use a large combination of everything available depending on the specific scene and area. I have 60 seperate tracks running, one for every room and area. I am running at least one selection from each of the following:

Gore Galore http://www.gore-galore.com/hauntmusic.php
              Poison Props http://www.poisonprops.com/audio-cds/
              Jerry Vayne http://www.jerryvayne.com/
              Virgil Franklin (who doesn't appear to have a website at this moment)
              Audio Zombie http://www.audiozombiesound.com/
              Midnight Syndicate http://www.midnightsyndicate.com/
              Nox Arcana http://www.noxarcana.com/
              Buzz Works http://www.buzz-works.com/
              Hedstrom http://www.hedstorm.net/

I have also found some free sound effects, audio tracks, and public domain pieces.
              Brian Warner
              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
                While I think Jerry does good music, most haunts need ATMOSPHERE to be set, not music. Rock music doesn't immerse people into the world, it tells the side of their brain that it is simply music, and that pulls them OUT of the false reality that we want to create. Sound effects, light themed music (organs for circus, banjos for swampy bayou, etc) for rooms, and surround sound is what will make or break an experience. I can speak for MANY that say that rock music in a haunt just doesn't work.
                I have actually found that Jerry's music works well in conjunction with sound effects in specifically targeted areas where I need my customers to feel a sense of panic and chaos. I don't use it straight as is, but add a layer of warning sirens, machinery sounds, and other sound effects to get the heart racing. Ambient music is used in 98% of my haunt, but for a few specific areas, I like it.
                Brian Warner

Comment

I could not have said it better myself Keegan.
                  Unless it's a Children's Nursery Music box, A circus calliope or organ music next to an organ it takes me out of the moment and the environment.
                  For me if I hear music in a haunt I am no longer in the haunt I'm in a movie now and it loses all realism.
                  Sometimes it good to take a step back and just think of your setting/ room/ environment.
                  What are the natural elements for that room.
                  If you can't imagine... I can help put you in that room.
                  This could be fun sample test.
                  25 Ambient soundtracks to choose from.

http://www.poisonprops.com/audio-cds/

CD 089 RESTLESS CROWS
                  CD 090 ATOMIC INSECTS
                  CD 091 JUNGLE
                  CD 092 WEREWOLVES HOWL
                  CD 093 THE BUTCHER
                  CD 094 THE HAUNTED MANSION
                  CD 095 HILLBILLY SWAMP
                  CD 096 GRAVEYARD WIND
                  CD 097 TOXIC
                  CD 098 EVIL CLOWN MUSIC
                  CD 099 HAUNTED PIRATE SHIP
                  CD100 EVIL WIND
                  CD101 THUNDER
                  CD102 CAVE BUGS CRAWL
                  CD103 1000 FLIES BUZZ
                  CD104 CRICKETS / SWAMP
                  CD105 CROW
                  CD106 CAVE WATER DRIPS
                  CD107 THE LABORATORY
                  CD108 CHILDREN'S NURSERY
                  CD109 FACTORY NIGHTMARE
                  CD110 EVIL WHISPERS
                  CD111 INSANE ASYLUM
                  CD112 CATACOMB CAVE WINDS
                  CD113 ZOMBIES MOANING

Close your eyes, Turn it up and Have fun!
                  sigpic
                  PEACE, ADAM
                  www.poisonprops.com

Comment

I once tried electronic sounds here.

Deomanda Galles-"Littanies Of Satan"
                    This woman screams and screeches into two mics as she is holding them, moving them in and out passed her mouth.
                    then the jibberish chanting begins... as so it goes!
                    This can be scary. I tried it for awhile.. I din't like it.
                    I really am trying to do somethinghere totally d-- iffer--ent!!?
                    When you use ambient sounds even you dog and cat can scare people, becoming overnight sensations. Just put the dog on the wood floor above, make sure his toe nails are long and soo some will swear they are Satan's claws!!
                    "What is that noise!! I'm getting real scared!!"
                    Without competing with amplified sounds a mere whisper can be heard, what is more erie than a real whisper heard in the dark in a haunted house?
                    Lose your voice every October? Beat the rush! Begin whispering NOW! Just turn off that sound track first.

irst.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

To each his own. I disagree on the music. If done correctly, it works great. Case in point, the Haunted Hoochie
                      Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by gadget-evilusions View Post
                        At Forsaken Haunted House I use a large combination of everything available depending on the specific scene and area. I have 60 seperate tracks running, one for every room and area. I am running at least one selection from each of the following:

Audio Zombie http://www.audiozombiesound.com/
                        FYI,

You guys might want to take Audio Zombie off your list of potential vendors. I paid (via paypal) for two orders after seeing this forum post but they aren't responding to the orders, their own website contact form, and emails directly to their contact email info@audiozombiesound.com are bouncing. They are MIA.

However, Adam at POISON PROPS responded and shipped same day. Can't wait to get those!
                        Last edited by mrfoos; 02-16-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Adam is always on top of things. He has shipped my orders just as quickly.

I sent a message to the owner of Audio Zombie. Hopefully he will respond with an answer to your problem.
                          Brian Warner

Comment

Originally posted by mrfoos View Post
                            FYI,

You guys might want to take Audio Zombie off your list of potential vendors. I paid (via paypal) for two orders after seeing this forum post but they aren't responding to the orders, their own website contact form, and emails directly to their contact email info@audiozombiesound.com are bouncing. They are MIA.

However, Adam at POISON PROPS responded and shipped same day. Can't wait to get those!
                            Your emails were not received. Try Audiozombiesound@gmail.com , I already talked to him. He said info@audiozombiesounds.com is not a good email.
                            Brian Warner

Comment

Originally posted by gadget-evilusions View Post
                              Your emails were not received. Try Audiozombiesound@gmail.com , I already talked to him. He said info@audiozombiesounds.com is not a good email.
                              He received my paypal payment AND I used his website's contact form.

And I didn't make up that address. It is the one on his website for the paypal payment. Here is the email I received from paypal after making the purchase from his website:

"Merchant
                              Audio Zombie
                              info@audiozombiesound.com"
                              Last edited by mrfoos; 02-16-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X