Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Developing new scene, need a mental push again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developing new scene, need a mental push again...

We're doing a "spewing" scene that will be contained behind lexan and I am trying to come up with a fluid I can spew... yeah- not that kind of fluid.

It needs to be:

1- non flammable
    2- low or no evaporating- as in, lasts for at least 30 days
    3- has some viscosity- like motor oil
    4- won't attack latex

Not much to ask, right?

You know I would settle for some kind of additive for straight water and deal with the evaporation if it was the only solution.

Any ideas?
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Spewing involves the Mouth?

If So, I would have cheap old Water , use some food coloring if you need it to be seen better , what with possibly low-lighting..
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I will have to try to find some pics from some projects we've done... not sure how much you're talking about here... but Vegetable oil would be a good place to start. You can get it cheap enough. It will have that viscosity that you're looking for, it will be thick enough to stick around for a bit, and it should take color well. Just a thought.
      Patrick Barberry
      www.legendsofthefog.com
      sigpic

Comment

Water is to thin and veg. oil is the viscosity I'm looking for, but it would probably make my fire marshall flip out.

It has a very high combustion point (600*F+) but would sustain a fire if combusted. They really hate the thought of burning oil falling on them while they are working...
        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

What about dish soap? Potentially the viscosity of oil but certainly less flammable.

-Collin
          *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

ebay has all kinds

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JELLY-WRESTL...item4ad066006f

stew

Comment

Soap is a good idea, but would foam like crazy. Someone suggested conditioner which is interesting, but wrestling mix?! I'll be damned.... That's awesome. Now If I could just get rid of the evaporation issue.

Thanks fellas!

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Wrestling jelly does not evaporatew...
                stew

Comment

Food thickener

We have a room that holds around 400 gallons of water for an effect. We initially used some thickener but found it to be too high maintenance as far as cleaning (for us, it's up all year.) But food thicken is what I've used for a few years to make my blood. It's sugar free, and can be added to water and colored with food coloring to any shade you like. As I mentioned, it's also useful for large quantities of liquids. The powder to water ratio can be adjusted so it's nectar thin or peanut butter thick or anywhere in between. This is how Nickelodeon makes their trademark green slime. GWAR also used it in their early days. It's sugar free and won't gum up, therefore it can easily be run through pumps.
                  Here a link to what it is, although there are many brands available.
                  http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/thi...169555-product

Comment

digging a little further it seems that wrestling jello is on the more solid side while lubricants are on the more liquid side. There is a product called astrolube that is used in wrestling pools that looks really nice, and I found a few all-natural recipes for personal lubricant. Either way it seems xantham gum is used as a thickener for waterbased products.

I'll have to look at the food thickener- thanks!

Getting closer...

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X