Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food GROUPONS for STL to consider

Hi Everyone,
    I cannot wait to see everyone in St. Louis next month. I stumbled upon a couple food GROUPONS that y'all might be interested in, so if you're looking to save a few bucks but still dine fancy, here you go...

Copia Restaurant is on Washington St (same as the convention center)
    https://www.groupon.com/deals/copia-...nt-wine-garden

Franco Restaurant is in the building next to The Darkness Haunted House on the main floor of the Soulard Apts (the building that once held The Darkness).
    https://www.groupon.com/deals/franco-5

I'll continue to keep a lookout for others.

Patti Ludwinski
    314-629-3940
    HauntWorld, Inc.
    Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
    www.HauntWorld.com
    www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
    www.FindHauntedHouses.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
    It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

thanks Patti you know when you start talking food you are talking my language. See ya at TW
    Phatman

Comment

Cool Thanks

How is Franco! I didn't realize there was a restaurant in the old building that housed the Darkness! I loved the Old Welsh Building! Would be cool to eat there and think about going to the Darkness when it was there.
      Damon
      www.frightmasters.weebly.com
      Last edited by damon carson; 02-27-2014, 11:48 AM.
      Damon Carson

Comment

I completely agree, Phatman! Before I had kids, food alone was the reason for my existence. lol.

As for FRANCO, good food, but I think the place is over-priced... I honestly won't go unless I have a Groupon (or other deal). Here's a link to their menu: http://eatatfranco.com/wp-content/up...er-8-25-13.pdf

Patti
        Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
        www.HauntWorld.com
        It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Good Food Close.... good finds!

Not that they would EVER do/need a Groupon but Pappy's is a must stop for some amazing BBQ.

Around the convention center:

There was a little Bar that had March Oyster Fest going - Broadway Oyster Bar, was beyond packed when we tried to go there..
          ended up at BB’s Jazz Blues Club just a block away - was amazing! Look forward to hitting the Oyster bar this year.

Up the street:
          Sushi - Mizu Sushi Bar (Not bad if you are craving it)
          Mexican - don't remember the name but a few blocks up the street - decent Margs!

Stanley's Cigar Lounge, 2 blocks up the street.... Ahhhhhh!

Can't wait!!

Comment

There is a place in St Louis that has better BBQ than Pappys its called Little Micky's but its not as close... its in St Charles there is never a line, and the food is awesome!

That Franco place I would NEVER eat there... the food isn't great and they charge way to much and its only French food.

Try a place called Tuckers or Soulards.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com

Comment

Better than Pappy's! ROADTRIP!!!!!!

Hey Phatman; did you see that? I think I found the Mickys Larry is talking about..in St Peters just past St. Charles 27 minutes away. THANKS LARRY! Phatman and I stood in line MUCH longer than 27 minutes last year at Pappys. Then as we had made the last turn in the line snaking around the buildings interior the words "Out of Brisket" appeared. In the next few minutes ribs were gone and something else as well. we were 10 feet from front of line.

We did go back for lunch the next day (Oh thats right...minus Phatman) and got the fantastic BBQ sampler.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Franco

Checked out the menu online. It seemed rather limited. ): Now Pappys or Lemp Manision or Jakes Steaks I think I could eat at any day!
                Damon
                www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                Damon Carson

Comment

Here's one for the sushi lovers, like me...

Drunken Fish is located rather close to the convention center, down on Laclede's Landing. Here's a LivingSocial deal...
                  https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1...m_source=blast

Drunken Fish - Laclede's Landing location
                  612 North 2nd Street, St. Louis, MO 63102
                  314-241-9595

Or if you're looking for even closer sushi, there's a smaller sushi restaurant on Washington Street within walking distance of Convention Center.
                  www.HauntWorld.com

Comment

Baileys Range 920 Olive St. St Louis, MO 63101, just passed the schnucks cullinaria is a great hamburger joint. Very unique burgers and a great beer selection with fun ambience and long community tables. milk can lights, and drinks served in mason jars. It was a fun place.
                    We will be going back!
                    Kevin R. Alvey
                    info at gore-galore.com
                    www.gore-galore.com
                    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I know how much you haunters love that STL Pappy's BBQ. Did you know their counterpart opened a BBQ joint in Soulard, walking distance from The Darkness, called Bogarts BBQ? Well, good news...I just secured them to cater our Friday night Darkness Tour & Seminar event (www.TheDarkness.com) which includes a "Taste of St. Louis", so all attending Friday night's tour will get to try Bogarts BBQ!
                      www.HauntWorld.com

Comment

Bogarts BBQ...It really is about a football field walk away from The Darkness and if you go here, you'll probably get your food a lot faster! http://bogartssmokehouse.com

And yes Patti is right we are having them cater our Friday night event!!!! Yeah!

So what is the Friday night event?? You get a guided tour, you get a seminar at the end and some of the best STL BBQ. That event however is on the brink of being sold out I think there is maybe 20 or so tickets left. www.thedarkness.com

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com

Comment

Working...
                        X