Halloween night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween night?

What's everyone's feeling about being open on Halloween night, this will be the first year it falls on a weekend for us, how is attendance ? I would think a lot of people would want to go to a haunt, but maybe people do parties instead? Would like to hear everyone's feedback.

We've opened on the 31st during past seasons when it was in the middle of the week. For some reason, that night has always been slow. We'll be open that night this year and I'll be interested in seeing how the attendance is for a Friday night.
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

We have only been open once on halloween friday... attendance was slower than thurs oct 30 and sat nov 1. My records show it matched friday oct 10 attendance. Weather is always a more significant factor than most others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
      Patrick Barberry
      www.legendsofthefog.com
      sigpic

Comment

We've had mixed results, but I would say it will take some trial and error to find out. One thing is for sure, it's never as good as the weekend before Halloween.
        Chad Portenga
        www.hauntedhall.com

Comment

My haunt always did very well on Halloween. I think for us it was because of all the curfews in the area. People are not allowed on the streets but are allowed to come to an organized event. But, here is another way you can look at it. By Halloween most haunts should be in profit and have brought in enough money to have any other expenses for that year covered. That means that even if only a couple hundred people show up, it should be all profit. In other words, you have already made enough to cover operating expenses for that night including payroll, so why not open? It costs you nothing. Some Halloweens we had weekend type numbers and if we had chosen not to open we would have lost thousands of dollars.

I say go for it, what do you have to lose,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Live for Halloween night

Small haunts like ours only run on Halloween night. We get a feel from friends that come and see what their plans are in regarding to when they would be out and about. A majority will make the trek only on Halloween night when trick or treating. Regardless of weather, we run the show. 3 day downpours, Hurricane Sandy, we bring the scare!. This will be the first year we will be running 2 nights. Friday will most likely be the family heavy side of the customers we get. Saturday will be a complete mystery depending on how we do for advertising.
            S.
            Just a small haunt looking to make big scares!!!
            Grimsley's Gorge Haunted Walk
            https://www.facebook.com/GrimsleysGorge

Comment

Working...
            X