Buildings 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buildings 101

If someone was looking into buying a building or farm/land. Does anyone suggest any good web site's? I did a little looking last night on RE/MAX.com. I did not have much luck, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Brian

Get to know a realtor. We had an AWESOME realtor, worked about 2 years to get the farm I wanted for my show.

MEthinks a good realtor will do far more for you than a website ever will, but that is my own two cents.

If you were in my neck of the woods, I would refer you to my realtor. She has been the greatest.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

I've used this place many times.

http://www.realtor.com/
      Thanks, Jeff
      www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
      www.HauntForum.com
      www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Some real estate people around here "forgot" to explain to newbee customers that your property tax bill will be in relation to what you paid for the property.
        "Oh, the property taxes are just $950.oo a year!"
        (Grandma got a elderly discount on taxes and it was appraised low, then someone is suckered into buying it for $150,000 and the taxes will go way up, just because .....)
        In this state if you are operating a business from an under-appraised property the tax people can take a guess at how much bu$$ne$$ you are doing and raise your property taxes accordingly, not exactly fair because that is already taxed as income tax, but they can do it.
        The lawyer explaining this to me was not happy when I asked how come his little law office wasn't then paying alot of this tax since he was obviously taking in a lot of money from a small place/space?
        Lawyers are above the law, we all know that.
        Oh, well?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Taxation

I keep running into the compaint that businesses here have to pay tax on office furniture or an air hose even if their grand father gave it to them for free since I guess he died and they were the first to his house. So I guess it isn't buy a fancy desk and write it off, pay every year on this same thing you bought. Even if you just rent a bulding. Restaurants have this table and chair thing appraisal. It seems to be a big shocker when going through the sales tax deferal thing. It might be a deduction at federal level but not at state or local tax level.

My suggestion has been to just consider everything as materials to do the job and once a year throw it all outside and set it on fire and go get some new materials. Just use bags of concrete as furniture. What are they gonna do?

oh, yeah now I remember why I never put up any signs.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

But Gregg, wouldn't the smoke from your fire be a sign?
            Sign of a fire sale!? Hot merchandise!
            "So what is that bag of partially hardened cement doing in the house?"
            "That must be Gregg's special corrective chair."
            Special anti-termite corrective chair.
            Put a seatbelt on it and you now have the anti-tornado chair, buckle up and ride it out, Pardner!
            Of course the 1 inch thick by 6 inches long rebar sticking out from the middle of the seat is a valuable anti-tornado addition as it inserts and keeps your body from sliding from side to side during violent movements.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I have been browsing for a good property on NAI Global

http://www.naiglobal.com
              escaperoompittsburghpa.com

Comment

Working...
              X