Ticket Prices increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Prices increase?

Just curious I read posts regarding pricing a Haunt $1 per minute it takes to walk through. My question is if you price under that idea would you increase prices $1 a year? Every year more money goes into the haunt and every other cost increase. What is your take on raising ticket prices?

Charge what your area can afford. Don't care how good you are, if you're in Compton you aren't getting 27 dollars a ticket. Do research, find what works for other haunts, and stick to that. What you lose in pricing you'll gain in quantity if you price it right.

Comment

We started 5 years ago at $13 and are now at $18 its a 25-30 min haunt. We are cheaper then the area haunts. I was just wondering I know we can't increase much and we have coupons as well for a dollar off. Just curious what others do.

Comment

Well don't sell yourself short either. I know we have stopped at 18 because it's a great value but also what our area can afford. You could test the waters by raising the price and if it flops dropping it or handing our free coupons to every customer lol

Comment

And I don't know if that's the reason why pennhurst asylum did this for their first year, but admission was either 25 or 27, and the first week they didn't, but every week after they had people standing out front handing out 5 dollar off coupons. Doesn't make much sense as to why they did it unless maybe they overpriced for their first year, realized the error, and adjusted fire.... Just a thought

Comment

I've been to Pennhurst, even the first year he didn't need to lower prices and hand out coupons they had large crowds and its a high quality show. Bates charges a lot in Philly because he can get it. It's one of if the not the best overall market for pro haunts. Check out his pricing for Bates Motel, super high.

DA

Comment

I get it but FIRST year everybody that came in that door got a 5 dollar off coupon, as I went twice. Once second weekend once third weekend. Handing them out like they were candy, and could still hear people bitching when they left, as at the time it was only one building and the lower hallways. Hardly worth the 25 bucks their first year.

Comment

I also went twice and coupons were nowhere to be found. It seems odd that they would hand out coupons while you're already on site and there for a reason and that's to buy a ticket. People there already planned to buy tickets why give away money? There were no coupons there and if there were it was probably for Bates motel.

DA

Comment

Okay well I know myself and the 5 guys that went twice with me all saved 5 bucks off of that 25 admission. So, no clue why, but they were. And they were photocopied on crappy staples copier paper. Seemed very last minute.

Comment

Were they wearing staff shirts? Sounds like someone made extra copies and handed them out. But since it happened twice seems strange. I heard they did more than 30k guests the first year, which is good if you ask me.

DA

Comment

Ticket Prices increase?

Oh yes, they were literally right out in front of that "ticket booth" before you got wanded for guns before getting in line.

Also, they brought in something like 900,000 their first year, which was enough to shut up the locals that bitched about it being a historical landmark and not wanting a haunt there. Once the locals saw the influx of capital they stopped whining.

Comment

Thanks- We usually go up $1 every year and have coupons only on Facebook for $1 off. We haven't had any complaints about pricing and we were going to stop at $20 in 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X