Help with Floating swamp shack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Floating swamp shack

On one of my past haunt tours I vaguely recall one indoor attraction having a floating swamp shack. It felt as if it had a slight "4-way" floating action as you walked through; not enough to make you stumble, but enough to recognize the motion. Maybe it was controlled by air bags on the 4 corners???? I want to say it was at The Darkness (Larry??) but I can't recall for sure. Visit too many attractions and forget to take notes, duh! Does anyone have any insight on this? Plans...mechanics... size etc?
    Thanks!
    Jim

It was the Darkness and it's on suspension springs in all 4 corners.
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Its not on suspension springs its on air bags. The entire floor was made from steel and from there the air bags move it around.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry

Thanks for the info Larry...see you next week.

Comment

We did a similar effect using a suspended floor. We had a building with a mezzanine over one area. We used 500# test chains (I think 6 or 8 of them) attached to the I-beams above and the moving floor. We built a frame around it so that it couldn't move more than a few inched in any direction.

I like the idea of air bags as it would probably give a spongy feel, too.
          Chad Portenga
          www.hauntedhall.com

Comment

Larry, how do you protect from any trip hazards?

Comment

Swamp Shack Floating Floor

Hey Jim,
              Check your PM's...I think I have what you need!

Jim
              Jim Pashley
              The FEAR FACTORY
              www.thefearfactorynj.com
              855-NJ HAUNT
              sigpic
              "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

In the VERY OLD Darkness we did another FX just like it and I'd have to draw you a picture and post it but... we did everything with chain. Imagine a frame that is just bigger than what you are trying to float, and that frame has poles that go up especially in the corners. Then you put giant i bolts in the frame of the thing you are trying to float and that chain goes up to the top of the steel frame you built around it.

So in other words the chain goes from the bottom of the floating room to the top of the outside wrap around frame. So now its suspended off the floor and moves very easy in all directions. You could move it by hand, with an air piston or even just with people walking around inside of it. The floor only needs to be an inch or two off the floor that is it.

Very easy to do.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                X