Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your thought about Grim Stitch Factory

Hello,

I wanted to get the opinion of all regarding Grim Stitch Factory, they had the Very Highend Scarecrow masks but they were way over by the paintball booths. I gambled and waited until Sunday and grabbed a awesome mask that was originally $600.00 firm on Thur-Saturday for a huge savings. The masks are amazing, the fit, the comfort, the quality all Top Notch. It really makes a huge difference between wearing a actor wearing a regular mask and creating a unique Icon Character. What do you think?

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
    Owner Tombstone Productions

I was in awe of his work. I wanted everyone of his masks. But as a reseller they are cost prohibitive for us to buy. As much as I like them I am a want vs need kinda guy and I wanted them more than I needed them.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I thought they looked great, but never got to put my hands on any of them.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

He does amazing stuff! I have been following his work on another forum for years. I know he has been a big inspiration to other mask makers in the industry.
        sigpic
        Louis Brown
        Owner, operator, and dish washer
        at
        DarkWood Manor

Comment

I saw them at the Canada show and bough a few things from him. I think they are incredible and Cameron is a great guy that stand behind his products.
          Phatman

Comment

He's a very, very talented artist. Burlap masks definitely seemed like a hot item this year, but his are above and beyond..
            Ryan

Comment

Very cool!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Been buying from him for years! Amazing work.
                Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

All these nice things to say and no pictures? Come on!

Stew

Comment

Photos can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/GrimStitchFactory

Comment

thanks ,
                      Stew

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words on my work, guys, and for supporting and welcoming my first appearance at Transworld.

2013 was my first Transworld show and I had so much fun, met so many awesome haunters, and made so many new friends that I have already booked 2015.... and sad that I now have to wait a whole year.

Realizing I'm new to the scene, and didn't really get to talk in-depth to folks at the show, I thought maybe a wee bit of backstory.

I have been an artist all my life. I've dabbled in everything from writing, video production, animation, special FX make-up, and mixed media art, which is essentially what my scarecrow masks are. My work on scarecrows began in early 2007 while living in Tokyo, Japan. (I lived there from 1998 until 2008). At the time, and until recently, I had no real idea at all about "haunting" and "haunters", much less the existence of the "haunter" world or Transworld, because despite my extremely outgoing persona at Transworld , I am very much a stay-in the-basement kinda guy who keeps to himself, has no friends except his wife, and spends his days in his basement studio making scarecrow masks. I'm kinda like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs but without the human bodies, girls in the pit, and lotion in the baskets. You can see images of "the studio" here: http://grimstitchfactory.com/Inside_GRIM.html

Surprisingly, my heavy organic nature of my work is not influenced by Halloween, horror films, or the work of others. My work is the by-product of my nostalgic interest in old farms, folklore and history, rural antiques, and my passion for venturing through abandoned and decaying homes, farms, and buildings, otherwise known as urban and rural exploring, where I study and absorb what has been left and then apply it to what I make and paint. To that end, I began making scarecrow masks because, well, they are not something that you ever really come across in real-life anymore, so I wanted to keep them alive, or perhaps, bring them back. Scarecrows are after all, North America's "boogeyman", and that fact that they actually existed makes them all the more alluring for me. But I didn't want to just make Halloween mask latex versions; I wanted to make real old fashioned, one-at-a-time, by hand, burlap-only scarecrows; scarecrows that if you put them in a country corn field, a passing car might actually stop and the driver gawk out the window saying "Look at the creepy scarecrow" without every once thinking that it was a mask.

I'm dabbling so I'll end it there.

So in closing, thanks to everyone who came up to me at the show and talked and/or purchased one of my scarecrows. Ya'll are amazing, and I can't wait to do it all over again next March!
                        Last edited by grimstitchfactory; 03-26-2014, 06:10 PM.
                        Cameron Scholes
                        http://grimstitchfactory.com

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words on my work, guys, and for supporting and welcoming my first appearance at Transworld.

2013 was my first Transworld show and I had so much fun, met so many awesome haunters, and made so many new friends that I have already booked 2015.... and sad that I now have to wait a whole year.

Realizing I'm new to the scene, and didn't really get to talk in-depth to folks at the show, I thought maybe a wee bit of backstory.

I have been an artist all my life. I've dabbled in everything from writing, video production, animation, special FX make-up, and mixed media art, which is essentially what my scarecrow masks are. My work on scarecrows began in early 2007 while living in Tokyo, Japan. (I lived there from 1998 until 2008). At the time, and until recently, I had no real idea at all about "haunting" and "haunters", much less the existence of the "haunter" world or Transworld, because despite my extremely outgoing persona at Transworld , I am very much a stay-in the-basement kinda guy who keeps to himself, has no friends except his wife, and spends his days in his basement studio making scarecrow masks. I'm kinda like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs but without the human bodies, girls in the pit, and lotion in the baskets. You can see images of "the studio" here: http://grimstitchfactory.com/Inside_GRIM.html

Surprisingly, my heavy organic nature of my work is not influenced by Halloween, horror films, or the work of others. My work is the by-product of my nostalgic interest in old farms, folklore and history, rural antiques, and my passion for venturing through abandoned and decaying homes, farms, and buildings, otherwise known as urban and rural exploring, where I study and absorb what has been left and then apply it to what I make and paint. To that end, I began making scarecrow masks because, well, they are not something that you ever really come across in real-life anymore, so I wanted to keep them alive, or perhaps, bring them back. Scarecrows are after all, North America's "boogeyman", and that fact that they actually existed makes them all the more alluring for me. But I didn't want to just make Halloween mask latex versions; I wanted to make real old fashioned, one-at-a-time, by hand, burlap-only scarecrows; scarecrows that if you put them in a country corn field, a passing car might actually stop and the driver gawk out the window saying "Look at the creepy scarecrow" without every once thinking that it was a mask.

I'm dabbling so I'll end it there.

So in closing, thanks to everyone who came up to me at the show and talked and/or purchased one of my scarecrows. Ya'll are amazing, and I can't wait to do it all over again next March!
                          Cameron Scholes
                          http://grimstitchfactory.com

Comment

Working...
                          X