so how was your trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so how was your trip?

how did transworld go for everyone? good? bad? walk way with any money left? what was the one thing you guys liked the most?
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Our crew at Gravensteen is still new. Three of my crew are learning the ropes so they signed up for nearly all the seminars. Thankfully, there was a lot of information that we are going to use and try this year. We didn't make too many purchases but we have our shopping lists and will be placing orders when we can agree on them. We sent two of our new guys trough to the darkness to see it for the first time. They really enjoyed the look of the place.

As for myself, I did my lecture and had a great time doing so. It took me a while to get back into the roll of performing/entertaining but it came back and I had fun. If anyone here attended my seminar and would like a copy of my notes with links and extras please let me know or just send me an email (deruiter.andrew88@gmail.com).

I didn't expect this, but after the lecture I as asked to help create some illusions on multiple projects! So I hope with whatever comes next, that I will take lots of pictures and share them when I can.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

Had a blast

We had a great time! This was the first time there for half of our crew and they were thoroughly impressed. I hadn't been since 2010, so it was great to see all the vendors and their new stuff, and catch up with some old friends.

We were pretty intrigued by HauntScheduler, so we'll be trying that out for keeping in contact with actors and volunteers and tracking our acting needs throughout the season. A couple of our crew got some great half-body pieces and silicone masks, new airbrushes and Endura makeups (pretty impressed with those) and some room scents.

We also did the Darklight City Museum Scavenger Hunt. That was pretty cool and I won the Froggy's Fog raffle there.

All-in-all, it was a lot of fun, we didn't speed too much, in the grand scheme of things, and we already made our hotel reservations for next year.
      -Eric
      Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
      HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

Comment

Next generations first visit

Enjoyed the show. Took my 16 year old daughter for first visit. She says she must go back every year now. Made a few new connections in the business. Brought home my favorite prop of the show "Poison's Burning Witch" and a Gore Galore costume with a few other things. Minivan had that nice latex prop smell on the way home. Seeing my duaghter actually thinking layout and putting her input in to purchases for future was good. There will be a Krazy Kristen from Distortions at our place next year. No way am I killing her ideas; but let her envision and execute her ideas. Handing the torch off to next generation is exciting. Probably more of a lighting her torch from mine and we work together...but still proud "Daddy".

So if anyone has a good used Krazy Kristen they want to change out this yearor next semd me a message.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Gotta tell ya

It felt different.....couldn't put my finger on it. It seemed like less vendors showed. The interactive Haunted house appeared as though people are losing interest. And as much as I enjoy it, the insane party was a dud this year. People work really hard on some of this stuff. But the party did NOT have $40,000 in giveaways, and I think some people are shying away because of the price. But I come up from Florida and I ain't sitting in the bar all weekend so I take part in most of the activities. Not sure what it was but it had me worried. OH and Dark Raven wasn't there.....made me sad. Great Stuff
          Joe Phillips
          The Shallow Grave
          Winter Haven FL
          http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Joe P View Post
            It felt different.....couldn't put my finger on it. It seemed like less vendors showed. The interactive Haunted house appeared as though people are losing interest.

I felt this way too. It seemed like a lot of booths with depressed looking people sitting there and doing nothing. I felt like a lot of vendors had less to "show". I know it was supposed to be bigger than usual, but I can't quite put my finger on it either. It just seemed like some vendors had less enthusiasm or something.

Also, I have a very tough time making decisions at the show and snapping things up. Some vendors keep show prices for a week or so after. That helps. It helps me to figure out exactly what I want.

Comment

Working...
            X