Hauntworld.com National Sponsorship Program - Who would be Interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld.com National Sponsorship Program - Who would be Interested

I'm working on a NATIONAL sponsorship program through Hauntworld.com whereby we'd get you hopefully funds, exposure, and benefits for your haunted house. I'd like to know who might be interested in that ... let me know and what you'd like to see. I'm working on it.

The goal would be to bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars, and millions of dollars in exposure to haunts across the country.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I'm interested for my haunts.

What's the cost?

Do you have a full outline of what is expected upon joining and how those expectations should be met?

Comment

Program sounds good - details needed.

Hi Larry,

Yes the concept sounds great and could help out many haunts.

My question - isn't this what the America Haunts group already does, everyone involved there throws in a big chunk of change and then they use those dollars promoting themselves as the best haunts in the country?

So how would these dollars be used differently? And if your already part of that group, what separates this program from that?

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

I agree...sounds interesting. Details on any cost to buy in and how funds are used or what determines how they might be used would be great.
        -Eric
        Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
        HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

Comment

Not to state the obvious, but "funds, exposure and benefits to your haunted house"- I'm quite certain that every haunted house that's ever existed would be interested in those things. Perhaps you'd like to actually explain what the program is?
          Mike Quill
          Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

I'm certainly intrigued. There will be many of us anxious to learn more details about this emerging program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

National exposure

National exposure typically does not help haunts. A proper local or regional advertising campaign should get you the exposure you need to create customers. Outside of a few hour drive, 'national exposure' does nothing for my attraction. Wait, let me clarify that....it doesn't do anything positive for my attraction. In fact, it can actually cause more harm. I'm guessing you're asking "How? "

I would bet that most of you have heard people say "must be nice to only work one moth out of the year!" Or, "look at all these people in line at $15.00 each, they're making a killing!"
              If you're successful at haunting then I'm betting you've heard this more times than you can recall. Am I right??
              For some reason, the public thinks this is some get rich quick business. Are we laughing out loud? Yes!

Here's my point, the industry is growing. And the more national exposure it gets, the more society believes this misconception of "easy money". This only leads to more and more inexperienced, uneducated people opening up in your neighborhood. I know, I know.....they're not as good and they won't last. I get that. I've seen several come-n-go in my neighborhood.
              However, these new "players" in town will get some customers, typically. And every $15.00 they get is most likely coming out of your cash register. Whether your losing the person who wants to try something new, or the 'usually' repeat customer that takes their second go around $15 elsewhere. Multiply that by 10, 100 or 1,000 customers. And when these 'fly by night' haunts suck, which they usually do, consumers (especially first timers) are left with a bad taste in their mouth about haunted attractions.

In reality, haunters generally do not win in the long run (except for the ones that ride the coat tails of others success....that's an entirely new thread). If you're a vendor,, supplier, consultant....heck yes, bring on as many new haunts as possible.
              Last edited by thehauntgr; 03-29-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

If it was a nationally known sponsor that would work on a local level. For example our web site we use to promote Virginia haunts, SCREAMFREAK.COM, is sponsored by a local Monster Energy Drink distributor. Nothing major, they print posters and banners for the web site that incorporate their logo. If you could get a national sponsor like that to work with haunts involved in the program on a local level then I could definitely see value in it. It would be a national sponsorship, but work on a local level.
                sigpic
                Louis Brown
                Owner, operator, and dish washer
                at
                DarkWood Manor

Comment

Sponsor

I certainly see your point, but I already have Monster, Faygo etc as sponsors. Not that I am an exception to the rule, but a proper marketing plan executed aggressively can easily secure national sponsors on a local level; nationwide corps have regional distribution/ offices.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you can envision a pie chart. Take a circle which represents your 60 mile radius population near your attraction; put your haunt in the center. Now slice the circle into pie pieces. Shade out some pieces that represent the following: (estimate to your best guess) people too old, people too young, people who hate being scared, people who don't have money, people who don't celebrate halloween, people with opposing religious views. As you can see, your true potential audience gets cut way down. Now you have to find a way to reach that remaining "slice of the pie" and convince them to spend their money (which disposable income is down) over a movie, circus, hockey game, dinner, or one of the other many entertainment options.
                  More haunts is not a good thing, generally. The market/demographics is already limited, as described above. Now slice your piece of the pie in half, or thirds.

Comment

well said haunter, I had a haunt open by me last year, walmart props, black plastic walls with spray painted faces. It took me 1 min 30 secs to walk through for 15.00 . im guessing any customers that tried that left feeling ripped off and will be hesitant to go to another haunt that doesn't have the huge name attached

Comment

Questions and thoughts

My question would be how do you join and get this exposure? Is it money , or actually proving yourself to be a quality experience?
                      I would care to guess any of you in larger markets have seen "haunts" come and go. Advertise they're the BEST, many with false info.
                      I see this hurting the industry with lost potential customers,possibly for life. EX. If the first Chinese restaurant you eat at is awful and you may never go back to another Chinese restaurant. I also see an unhappy customer as one that will give the worst kind of word of mouth advertising that is so needed. Advertising is so expensive with all the media and bombardment of entertainment out there today. Patrons that go tell friends "You need to go...." has the potential to explode. We only have around a month to get as many customers as we can through each show.
                      Does national exposure have the potential to bring people without a passion for haunting, but look at potential huge profits? I personally see this industry as one that you need a passion for to bring a good show together, keep a good actor base, and be able to last.

My thoughts, which are many....

Comment

We are working on a sponsorship program where by you would get exposure, potential money, and or benefits to promote a sponsor while at the same time bringing more exposure to your haunt and this website. Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Well......I'd love to be in, (as I'm sure many would). Any details on a timeline or application?

Comment

Sponsorship break down . Larry gets 80% of the coverage, Hauntworld gets 19.5% , your haunt shares .5% with all other haunts involed. That's if it even goes thru and isn't like the last time he tried this and everyone had to fight to get there money back from Larry. History if you don't learn it you'd doomed to repeat it

Robert

Comment

Update... we are getting REALLY close on creating a true national sponsorship program for the haunted house industry. More details are coming soon.

You don't hear a lot from me recently because I'm working hard to try and TRIPLE the already #1 most visited haunted website in the WORLD, and now I want to help haunters nationwide with sponsorship.

We are not far off... stay tuned.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X