Commercial lease rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial lease rates

I realize it can change from market to market, building to building etc. But what kind of price are people paying for commercial space for leasing a building or interior space? Can Pm me if preferred.

Thanks,

Jake

No one here is or has leased interior space? What are you guys doing your haunts in? All outdoor haunts?

Jake

Comment

Hey! You gotta pay for outdoor too! :P

Although the forums are REALLY quiet lately....

Anyway, you're right, that is a market based question. If you're in CT, NY (city, not so bad in the other parts), RI, or some parts of Cali, you're paying more than anyone else in the country. The south is usually the cheapest, followed by the west, then north, then east.

It also varies widely depending on if you're in the city, or in the city but a more industrial area, (as warehouses are super cheap), as well as ammenities like ceiling height, sprinkler systems, parking space, all vastly affect an insidiously building price within a particular market.

In short, your question is impossible to answer and everyone on here has a different lease/mortgage/etc, and no two answers will be the same.

Your best bet is to use loopnet, and search by area, see what the going rate is where you are. Just watch out for low price per sq ft followed by NNN, (triple net), it can drastically change the price you see, NNN means they haven't added on the building taxes, snow removal, parking upkeep, landscaping, etc, there's endless fees that can attach to that NNN and it's a realtors way of advertising a low price.....think of a bar putting Dubra in a Grey Goose bottle lol.

Comment

I have done both bought buildings and leased buildings... the amount you pay should be determined by what you think you'll make. Can a haunt owner pay 10k, 50k or even a 100k sure they can if their business plan shows them they will gross XY and Z monies. Don't ever shy away from a really good location if in fact you think you can do 30k or 40k customers.

I know a lot of haunters pay in the 6 figures for their location some as little as almost nothing. I think it boils down to what you can afford and every building for rent especially ones that have been sitting for a long time are negotiable. I do however that most haunters with long term plans should be thinking BUY BUY BUY!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Then there was the Guy...

Who had a Body Shop but he was renting, he saved and saved, located an old gas station at the edge of town for his new place. While checking out the land ownership at the County Courthouse, a woman working there saw what he was looking at and warned him:"You don't want that property for your body shop, it's going to end up right in the middle of the clover-leaf when the new highway goes in."
          He bought it. He then sold it for a huge leveraged profit, he forgot all about his body shop, he had enough money to do other things.
          All true, his Brother lives here.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X