Stone Panels Made of Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Panels Made of Wood

I want to coat wood panels with something I can use a concrete stamp on to make it look like a natural stone wall. Should I use Monster Mud or a thin concrete or what?

Can you be more specific... are you trying to create a certain look on your existing wood paneled walls? What kind of look are you trying to get?

The reality is you can coat it thick with concrete and if you do a search online you'll find concrete stamps those are easy to find. However if you bought any of our DVD's from www.hauntedhousesupplies.com you'd see something we do a lot which is take full sheets of vac form cut them into small pieces them concrete around or over them to get the same look.

I do not use concrete stampers because it looks fake.

Just a thought.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I am trying to have it look like natural stone walls, dungeon type, but with large stones about 3' x 4'.

Comment

I wouldn't do stone stamps ... i would use vac form wall panels I can suggest a few companies to you for that. Like I said if you had any of our videos we talked about how to make vac form panels feel and look like real stone. Its actually about 100 times easier than doing what you are talking about doing.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Your walls will weigh a ton....
          stew

Comment

The effect you are looking for can be done with lightweight stucco and some trowel edge work.

Comment

Stone walls

Why not use foam. The white foam is really easy to sand smooth and then coat it. Lightweight and inexpensive. The vacuform will work but can be a little spendy once you add shipping charges.
              Just a thought

Buck
              Capt.Chaos
              Fear Asylum Haunted House
              Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Paint

You can paint anything to look like stone. And then then textures everyone has mentioned! I love the illusion of painting something that looks like it weights a ton but it is light weight! Save your back man! Many different types of paint. Go w a gray base. Then you can splatter it or you can buy Flexstone to spray smaller props or parts of areas you want to look like stone! Larry has some great detail videos of Kevin Mckurdys and of his own on halloweensupplies.com Great stuff!
                Damon
                www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                Damon Carson

Comment

I'm telling you the best way to do it is vac form pic out the one you like best then attach it to your walls, then blast it with concrete then paint it.

You need to get a very thick version of the vac form to hold up with that concrete applied. We use a few different companies for this but none that market themselves directly to the haunt industry.

We do carve foam as someone suggested but that is a slow process.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Years ago I carved the pink foam into stone walls

I mixed Durams water putty, with play sand, and polycrylic. Spread it on (use gloves). After it dries...paint.

It looked great and held up considering it was an outdoor attraction. Would work really well indoors, but I would recommend that those walls not be touched by customers or actor to avoid chipping. If it's a background or display it is cheap and easy

Comment

Working...
                    X