Holy Cow... You won't believe this NIGHTMARE!!! Walking Dead LIve / CFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cow... You won't believe this NIGHTMARE!!! Walking Dead LIve / CFX

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I watched this video... the walking dead live experience ordered about 250 masks from CFX then didn't pay for them. Now CFX has 250 brand new masks just laying around. This is unreal...

http://www.wafb.com/story/25337425/l...dead-agreement
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Wow!!!!! What a terrible thing to do! CFX better hold an auction to get rid of those masks, I've done a ton of deals on a handshake and only once in a blue moon do I get screwed, but what a shame! They're such a good company.

Comment

Im sure they can sell them!

Its just they are temporarily out the money they originally expected! An order that large I would have to blame CFX for not have a signed contract. That haunt?! I like the concept. But it looked really lame! And whats with going thru in the day?! Dumb!
      Damon
      www.frightmasters.weebly.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

Hey Damon

Its not a haunt its a traveling Zombie Run event..but yes it does look super shitty
        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Ok

Wasn't sure what it was. Didn't think about that.
          Thanks
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

You know what I totally agree you don't make 200 plus masks without a contract, without a deposit, without something... HOWEVER I doubt very seriously that CFX made 200 plus masks for their health. In my mind CFX had an understanding they were making the masks for Walking Dead Live with a gentlemen handshake and in a court of law you can use that as a basis for a deal. So it will be interesting to see if they file suit... no one makes 200 plus masks without the understanding there is a deal in place. NO ONE!

So yeah I think they screwed CFX for sure... and I think no one should work with these guys.

Again on the flip side CFX or any company should require a deposit and a contract for this amount of work.

Lessons learned I guess.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The president of Skybound EXP should have had "I'm a dick" tattooed on his forehead.
              sigpic
              Louis Brown
              Owner, operator, and dish washer
              at
              DarkWood Manor

Comment

Really, really, really, really poor business judgement...

A shame for all concerned.

Learn your lessons and move on.
                How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

That skybound guy couldn't care less what a prick.

Watch him here http://www.hauntersdigest.com/news/v...ampaign=buffer

Jake

Comment

Unfortunate

Its unfortunate for CFX . The time spent making the product, material costs, labor costs. NOT good business.

Comment

Deposit Half Down Something!

At least it would of covered there expenses. They could of resold the masks which they still can. But it was poor business on there part. This would fold a many of business! Maybe they were just is awe of the Walking Dead! Wake up Call for sure!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Ticket Types

Did anyone take a look at the site...looks like a 4th grader did it...and then it gets worse, if you want to attend check out the prices and descriptions

TICKET TYPES

Survivor ($75/$65 with Military ID):

Navigate the course and avoid the undead. 35-50 minutes of Walking Dead Madness! Access to the after-party. Enjoy a cool beer after your run… if you survive.

Walker ($95/$85 with Military ID):

Join the undead horde and stalk the course for 2.5 hours as an official The Walking Dead Escape Walker. As a Walker, you will receive a pro make up session and Walker training. Access to the after-party where people WILL want to take pictures of and with you. Walkers need to arrive 2 hours before their selected course time.

You have to pay to be a zombie....and it says Pro makeup session...I watched the video I didnt see anything that was worth $95 or even close to that
                        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Jaw droppingly horrible.

http://youtu.be/gzSG5oHpvwc

DA

Comment

This really is terrible, I hope it somehow works out for CFX. I hate seeing any vendor in this industry get taken advantage of. That is a gigantic order to have been cancelled last minute, the sheer amount of product is amazing. I hope they find a solution to all this, or someway to push all this stuff wholesale so they don't lose a ton of money. They (CFX) are a very innovative company, and its an aweful scenario.
                            Robert Kocher
                            Xanthar of the Museum

The Village of Darkness
                            www.TheVillageOfDarkness.com

Comment

what a turd

Holy crap, the people that have no business in this business that are leeching on to the industry is astounding. Could you bring an OUNCE of creativity or maybe some talent. Have something to offer? I am embarrassed for them and angry for CFX. A mans word aint what it used to be.
                              Joe Phillips
                              The Shallow Grave
                              Winter Haven FL
                              http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X