cONVERTING YOUR HAUNT TO A CHRISTMAS SHOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cONVERTING YOUR HAUNT TO A CHRISTMAS SHOW

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS? i AM TOYING WITH THE IDEA OF CHANGING OVER ALL OF MY HOUSE'S TO A HOLIDAY THEME. wOULD LIKE YOUR THOUGHTS.

We did that exact thing in 2004. As soon as the haunt was over, we overlaid it into the north pole with santa's house, his workshop, etc. and provided "elves" as tour guides to show our guests around. It worked well as we were operating in a mall that year. None of us are into Christmas that much to want to crave doing it again...but if the market warrants such an event, it can do quite well. PM me for more details if you want. We actually have a storage full of professional, mall type Christmas decorations and props including disney like quality, animatronic elves.

TheKeeper
    TheKeeper

Fright Planet "World of Fear"
    www.FrightPlanet.com

Comment

I seem to remember posts in the past concerning this and as I recall, these never made any noticable income.
      Do it for the "Fun", maybe some money will follow?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I would contact Patrick Konopelski at Shocktoberfest in PA. From what I hear, he has done this with great success!!

Good luck!
        Chip DeLong
        Chip "Pigman" DeLong
        Scared to the Bone Productions
        Pigman's Lair Haunted Attraction
        Chelsea/Ann Arbor MI
        www.pigmanslair.com

Comment

"BAH! Hum Bug!"
          I put Christmas lights all over the pteradactyl skeleton hanging on the outside of my house, I used to have a Santa hat for him too, it slid ever so nicely down over his crown/crest? elongated skull.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Jim another reason to be open 365 days a year! Early retirement in a fresh shallow grave! LOL! Hey whats that in the side of the yard? Oh thats just Jim. Thats where Mr Tuxedo buried him. Jim still serves a purpose though he makes kitty a nice litter box. MMMEERRRROOOOWWW!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Some local know-it-awls think I am a millionaire (Those who have never taken a tour of my house and think I just sit there and sell tickets) but I am struggling to hang on to the October crop to make it to next planting season like most of us try to do. Being "The Richest Guy In The Graveyard " has never really had any appeal to me.
              Being the guy in the graveyard who had the most fun while he was alive,now that's different!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A shallow Grave

Won't keep a good man down. That's why there are concrete vaults 6 feet under the ground.

I have watched people with their own business or service say, I won't be working weekends or taking my work home with me and it sure seems they have lots of trouble finding and keeping work coming in the door. They always seem to be moving to that other town where things are going to be better.

I don't think we have heard of too many successful cross overs to Christmas displays because what I see works for Christmas is extravegant and all year long time consuming 20 acres of drive through lights and displays. A small attraction for little kids and a $10 or more price tag doesn't match unless it is extravegant.

It seems to be the same thing, after 20 years of doing and building and investing, you have something so, it might be a little tough to have resources spread out into two catagories and end up with things only being half of what they could be.

It is also the difference between a crew that has the skills to do a haunt and then do something that is light and happy or being big enough funded to have two sets of people that have intrests in one or the other.
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Talk to haunter and illustrator Jeff Preston in Nashville before you do this, he might give you some insight. Be sure to before you sink any money or resources into it.

KDaddy
                  Hauntus Emeritus
                  Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                  Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Working...
                  X