Finding Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Locations

So we just lost our forth potential location in the last year...found out the landlord we were all set to sign with (had plans with the architect, almost all green-lighted with city and had a lease drawn up and agreed, just not signed) just sold the complex to a bigger developer "out of nowhere"...the new developer says a haunted house "doesn't fit in his plans".

The only reason we had any leverage with the last landlord was because he refused to do any updates or fixes except for major stuff, and most of his units had sat empty for at least the last 5-8 years. We were not offering the usual corporate rent (way too expensive for a seasonal attraction) but he figured something is better than nothing.

So now, again, we're back to finding a location...

How do other people out there go about finding cities and locations that are willing to work with you on opening a haunt? We don't want to do a haunted forest or trail, too many elements to deal with for what we have planned. Do a lot of people go the giant tent route? or are you able to find landlords in certain types of areas who are just looking for some extra seasonal income? I know haunts come and go all the time, so how are they finding places that aren't falling down willing to rent to them on a budget?
    -Eric
    Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
    HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

In the same boat

I feel your pain.

We have been trying to buy a creepy old barn to start our first professional haunt.

We don't have a whole lot of money, but are offering what we think the property is worth. The property has been on the market forever, has been put under contract then dumped several times (buyers backed out), yet the seller won't come down in price to what we can afford.

I am seriously considering turning my back on this location and starting my business as a trailer haunt. There are a lot of advantages with a trailer haunt: chiefly, price.
    But, there are a lot of disadvantages too.

I think I will try to pursue the barn until June 1...if I can't convince the seller by then, I'm buying some trailers.
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

Working...
    X