Haunted Farm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Farm?

I was wondering if anybody happens to have their haunt located on a farm or ranch?

We're considering the possibility of doing our haunt in a barn, or doing a haunted trail in the woods... I don't own a farm, and I don't quite know how to get in touch with any farms around here and ask about the possibility of doing a haunted house/trail. There's plenty of places, I just don't know how go about asking..

Is anyone else located on a farm? If so, how did you meet and ask about doing a haunt? Is it your own farm?
    THE LAB OF NIGHTMARES
    The Most INSANE Haunted House Around!

We're located on a farm in Lexington, SC. It's a family farm so we kind of got lucky there. To be honest, we love it. There is all kinds of farm equipment and junk laying around just begging to be turned into props. Oh, something broke and can't be used for the farm? Time to re-purpose it for the haunt. Plus, being on a farm gives us great ideas to use for a back-story.

Check us out. www.DeceasedFarm.com

Happy haunting!

Comment

My farm has been in my family since the 40s. Its located in Merced CA which is in the dead center of the state. We grow 20 acres alfalfa which acts as our parking lot in the off season, and we grow 20 acres of corn that we have our hay ride go through. We also have a couple of big barns that the haunted house goes through. It would be really hard for me to do a haunt in town. It just seems that a legitimate farms gives you such a big head start as far as ambiance and story set up. Also I feel you on the whole "christian" thing. I myself am a christian, and there are a few people in the community that don't like a christian owning a haunt, but that vast majority of the community is cool with it. Check out www.frightmarefarms.com if you wanna see pictures or whatever.

Comment

frightmarefarms

I know you don't have a maze but you do have corn, so maybe you can answer a question I've always wondered: Do you have a problem with bees and patrons who are allergic to them?

Comment

Hey guys!

Sorry about the late reply.

Thanks for all the info!
          This is our last year at our current location. So we're planning all of this ahead for the 2015 season.

I've thought about even talking to some of the apple orchards around here that are already doing corn mazes and pumpkin patches. Is it worth a shot? Or am I likely to run into the same issues as mentioned before.

Has anybody talked to local campgrounds?

There's always something that I've loved about haunted farms though. They just have that "feel" to them that you don't get at other places.

Thanks!
          THE LAB OF NIGHTMARES
          The Most INSANE Haunted House Around!

Comment

We lost our location two years ago and have been on a hiatus. We live on a farm and have considered moving the haunt there. For those who have replied and do haunted farms, I have a few questions. How far from a city are you? Does not being in town make it harder to attract customers? How about actors? When we were in town, half of our actors lived within 5 miles of the haunt. I it hard to recruit them in the countryside?

I am sure that I will have more when it is not 1:30 in the morning, but those are my concerns for now. I am really interested in hearing your feedback.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X