Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of Make-Up and Costuming Rooms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Make-Up and Costuming Rooms?

Could we have some pictures of various haunts and their make-up rooms. We are moving to a brand new location and we need a major upgrade in the way we do make-up and costuming. I know many haunts have great makeup areas, I'm sure many of us would love to see pictures of your set up.
    Thanks!

It's an important consideration- especially when you don't have much space to work with, but obviously its a matter of the order of processing your staff.

I'd bet most haunters would say they wish they had more room in wardrobe/makeup!

I just rearranged ours (sorry no pics as of yet) to improve flow and reduce congestion. We've done this every year thinking we couldn't make it better- but things change and you learn.

Our last hurdle this year is getting a good (and preferably portable- because things seem to move every year) ventilation set up for airbrush over-spray. I really don't want to cut a new hole in my building every year!

Next year we will have to deal with an explosion of larger than normal costumes. They EAT space!
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Fright Farm

A couple years ago when the HAuNTcon tour went to Fright Farm in PA, they had just redid their makeup room and it was beautiful. I don't have pictures of it but see if you can get in touch with them about it, I'm sure they'd be happy to show it off.
      Mike Quill
      Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Are you touring the ScareAtorium on the Friday night bus tour during MHC on June 6? We’re giving tours of our costume room and makeup room after you tour the haunts. We customized our two rooms specifically for our haunts. The costume room (25’ x 25’) with wall hangers includes changing rooms and lockers for our actors. The Makeup room (40’ x 15’) has 6 stations for our artists and room for 8 actors to do their own makeup too. The entire room is well lit with mirrors everywhere and pictures posted for reference on the walls. And we have a dark room lit with UV lights and a makeup station for our artists to paint our clowns for RIP’s Funhouse in 3D. Also we have a sink in the makeup room and a bathroom too. We ran an air-line from the back storage room to the makeup room so we have plenty of air pressure (can use up to 6 airbrush guns at the same time) and no noise from the compressor.

I’ve been an actor for 30+ years and I understand how important it is to provide your artists and actors a clean and comfortable place to prepare for the evening. Our chief makeup technician was very instrumental in the design of our room. We specifically chose this location because of the convenience of these two rooms for makeup and costumes. Haunters have toured our attraction and they all fell in love with our makeup and costume room. That’s why we decided to open them up for tours on Friday night. Hope your can join us. If not, let me know and I’ll try to post some pics.

Kelly Collins
        The ScareAtorium Columbus

Comment

I don't think I have a picture of ours but I could take one and post it... I think most people has seen ours but I can take some pictures.

You really need to see the one we have at Creepyworld. We took an entire truck trailer 48 feet long and turned it into a make up room. We build the stations and in the back is all the costumes on racks... its actually very nice and clever. So keep that in a mind ... a used truck trailer is an option.

Anyone else have a make up room out of a real building and in something unusual?

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yeah, a conex (shipping container) for storing costumes is on my horizon somewhere I'm sure. Just hate to have everything separated....
            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Working...
            X