phone ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phone ring

does anyone have any ideas on how to hack an old style phone to ring? in my electric chair room I want a ringing phone in the scene but I don't want to use a speaker with a ring on it. I would like the real ringing of the phone using a 110 outlet for power

Wiring up old phone ringer to arduino This may help?
    Tim Moore
    info at ominoushaunt.com
    www.ominoushaunt.com
    www.facebook.com/OminousHaunt
    www.twitter.com/OminousHaunt

Comment

Phone

I had the same issue recently...found a site with a deign for something to bump the voltage up. The big issue is that actual phone ringing systems ran on around 80 volts AC, but the cycle was less than the usual 60Hz used in the US, so just wiring it into the AC voltage with a step down does not work.

What I ended up doing is Getting some of these on clearance at a local hardware store:
      http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1396071

Then I just run them off of 9volts from my controller. They are pretty loud by themselves, and multiple run together only get louder.
      -Eric
      Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
      HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

Comment

i kinda didn't realize this would be such a pain in the ass. i noticed wile doing research that alot of people were having a hard time with this also. i think i am going to try the same method you used because it sounds the easiest and i can use my controller for the gap between rings. i will let yall know how it turns out

Comment

I did this for a scene in our haunt. Fairly easy to hack an old phone and keep it low voltage. I Applied 12 volts to the coil simulating the ring pattern with a 50 cent 555 timer.

http://tomknabe.com/hacking-a-phone-...-a-12v-switch/

Comment

Working...
          X