Actor compensation????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor compensation????

I have talked to quite a few different people in this industry and everyone has their own thing. But I was curious.

Do for profit haunts use volunteers? And if so are free tickets, T shirts and food and drink fair compensation?

I know what the law says, that is not the debate I am trying to raise, there are loop holes when it comes to that. I had people last year refuse my money because they enjoyed the opportunity so much. Just curious....
    Joe Phillips
    The Shallow Grave
    Winter Haven FL
    http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

We offer compensation to our actors. There are a couple people who volunteer their services. For whatever reason; they either don’t need the money and want to volunteer their time or they can’t accept financial compensation because it could potentially cause them legal issues. I was a volunteer at haunts for nearly 20 years before I started getting paid. I did it because I loved it.

We also provide our staff with food, snacks, drinks and comp tickets (usually on opening weekend so they can invite their family and friends to see them perform).

Kelly

Comment

We pay all of our actors, even the ones that say they wanted to volunteer, plus we have a BBQ or pizza one night to say thank you, and give bonuses to those who show up every night, it's nice to have volunteers but at the end of the day it is hard to do the same part hundreds of times a night and mainatain a high level of enthousiasim, everyone always feels more appreciated with pay.

Comment

Several things help me

"Maintain my enthusiasm here. Most of my place is, (I think) very lit up compared to other haunts. This means I get to very easily "SEE" people's reactions to what ever I do. A good reaction always energizes me again, sometimes for the next couple of tours!
        I can be dead-assed tired and still become re-enthused! Why? How does it work like this for me? I Love doing this, and love it for numerous reasons. The thought does infiltrate my mind sometimes that NOW is the time to have this FUN, while I'm still alive!
        Halloween HERE EVERY NIGHT!.. and has been for going on 27 years!
        Tonight began with little kids and ended up with a date couple, she had been here before, they both were great fun!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X