Is there a good place to find........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a good place to find........

Is there a good place to find haunts that are for sale other then what is posted on here? The classified section at hountworld is not working. I know that some are posted at the back section of the magazine, but I am not a subscriber.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

www.hauntrepreneurs.com
    www.hauntedhouseforsale.com
    www.halloweenproductions.com/for_sale.php

I also believe www.frightprops.com has some wall panels for sale! -Tyler
    Last edited by Nightgore; 06-26-2007, 05:57 PM.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Frightsprops does not have the panels for sale any longer. Doug sold them to a guy in the Nashville area who has in turn sold them all to someone else with the exception of 50 panels which I purchased.

The haunts for sale on www.hauntrepreneurs.com are way over priced for what you get! I purchased a used haunt from Halloween Productions and received a much better, highly detailed haunt for half the price of a haunt on www.hauntrepreneurs.com. Just my two cents!
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I would NOT buy any haunts from Pickel... he sells HIGH and is the middle man between the owner and buyers so he's trying to keep the price high so he can make more money. Typically those people selling used haunts in Pickels magazine will sell for 1/4th that price if you talk to the owner.

In my opinion the best place to find a used haunt is right here on the trading board... make a post that you're looking I'm sure you'll find someone selling.

I know Jim UpChurch was selling his entire show on the trading board.

Keep a sharp eye because people are selling all the time. I usually see 5 to 10 per year come up for sale.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Once again Larry, you are mistaken.

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          I would NOT buy any haunts from Pickel... he sells HIGH and is the middle man between the owner and buyers so he's trying to keep the price high so he can make more money. Typically those people selling used haunts in Pickels magazine will sell for 1/4th that price if you talk to the owner.

Larry
          My commission is 10% and the owner of the haunt sets the price. Most attractions sell for about 85% of their asking price. And I offer consulting to the buyer at no additional cost.

I work for my money,

Leonard Pickel
          972-951-5100
          hauntcon@gmail.com
          http://hauntrepreneurs.com/about-haunts-for-sale/

Comment

A little late

Leonard... dude! This thread is 9 years old!

Doug.
            www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
            [Google+] [YouTube]
            [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

...prime example why I don't do anything but visit Larry's "cool booth" at TW...aka the krampus props from unit 70...seriously, don't downgrade others in the business to maintain your "king of halloween" stats. We're all in this to make a living. Leonard is a stand up guy...his magazine kicked ass when he owned it...and now you're under selling him to boost haunt world. I'm almost regretting renewing our membership...I haven't yet and may not if you don't change your tune. Sure you may not need MY small ass haunt business but I'm not the only haunter hip to your game. Shady business dude.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
              O'Shawn McClendon
              Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Let me clear something up here... my comments are from like 10 years ago about the USED haunted houses in the OLD Haunted Attraction Magazine. There was a section where there was USED haunts for sale and people wanted like 80k to 100k for these things. Why would anyone want to buy a very small haunt that overpriced? Just so you know many if not all of those people called me directly...they would have taken HALF that price for them. They just wanted to unload them.

So my point was don't buy them at those inflated prices when #1 they are NOT worth that price! #2 the sellers would have sold them for HALF that price. I even talked to one of them who would have taken 75% LESS than the asking price. Again the point was those people would sell for A LOT LESS! And just to be perfectly clear some of those people got on these forums and listed those haunts for much cheaper prices. Again my comments was about buying them direct for less money!!!!!

So hopefully this clears it up for you and you can retract what you said.

This is again something from like 10 years ago! My God!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Easy mistake.

Who knows how these things come about? Perhaps somebody was looking around, saw the post from 10 years ago (failing to notice date) and directing Leonard to that post. Easy mistake to make. As a ten year old post still exists, that people can find, perhaps Leonard just wanted to defend himself.

Perhaps the best thing is just to erase the whole thread, as it serves no practical purpose now. Not informative. Not historical.
                  Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 04-28-2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

There was nothing to defend it wasn't a shot at him... he was listing used haunts that the owners of those haunts CALLED ME and said they would sell for 50% to 75% cheaper. I directed them to a new classified ad program we had and they listed them... so I was merely pointing out you could buy them for less DIRECTLY! AND AGAIN THIS WAS 10 YEARS AGO!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Well...

Not trying to take sides here, Larry, just saying how such could have happened. Clearly, he felt necessary to say something (probably anyone would) and I'm guessing he failed to note that the post was 10 years old.

Stuff happens for a reason. I doubt Leonard was trying to contraversialize (I just invented that word) a 10 year old post.

But again, there is really no reason in my mind why this thread should even remain on the site. Take the high road and delete it.

Comment

Actually the whole thing is pretty funny to be honest... these haunts are long gone, and how this thing came I'll never know. We use to have this classified ad section of the site, that is also long gone. Those owners of those haunts placed ads in the classified ad section and clearly the guy who posted the original comment was looking for that section and those haunts. We got rid of that program years ago ... this whole thread is really funny honestly.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

I'm not saying it's not a funny thread, but I didn't LOL until Sawdust tried to create "contraversialize".... I'm still trying to pronounce that, lol. Thanks SDJ, laughter is the key to happiness.

Comment

Working...
                          X