Multiple Paths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Paths

How successful are multiple paths in a haunt? Does it pay to have different outcomes via multiple paths the patron chooses possibly getting multi ticket sales for a slightly different experience?
    Tim Moore
    info at ominoushaunt.com
    www.ominoushaunt.com
    www.facebook.com/OminousHaunt
    www.twitter.com/OminousHaunt

Here is my take on it. Most haunt owners are not going to put money into space, props, set details, and actors that will only be seen by half (or less if more than two paths) of the guests going through the haunt. Also, I think it would be a tough upsell on ticket price. Just my two cents and hopefully a few more will chime in. I hope this helps a little and best of luck this season.

Comment

Yeah...I have been tossing around the idea for having two separate exits not really so much for an upsell but possibly generate a bit of buzz about the haunt. I don't believe myself that it would cause many ticket sales just wondering how everyone else views them or their possible successes or failures with them.
      Tim Moore
      info at ominoushaunt.com
      www.ominoushaunt.com
      www.facebook.com/OminousHaunt
      www.twitter.com/OminousHaunt

Comment

I did this several years ago. We had 3 different paths to choose from the start. Eventually about 2/3 of the way through, they all ended up at the same location in the haunt and exited from the same door. We did see some extra sales from people who wanted to see what they missed on the other path choices. It worked pretty good for us however, make sure to check with your city inspectors before you decide to try this. Many inspectors especially Fire, may not permit this type of floor plan. My last location did not want multiple paths or any complete dead ends.

Good luck,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Working...
        X