Hanging flat back props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging flat back props

What is the best way to hang flat back props to the wall without damaging the prop. Did a search on here and found nothing. Thanx

Well.....what is it you're trying to hang?

If it's a prop meant to be hung....shouldn't the producer of the prop have a hanging bracket built in?

With my props, we have a simple hanging bracket we build into our flat back zombies and skulls.

However in my haunt, I notice a lot of props I order don't have much to affix to a wall, which is what I assume you mean by hanging...here's a few quick tips I use myself.

If the prop has hair, use that to help hang it if you can.

For open foam backs, I use screws with small washers on the end and drill in 3-4 different non-obvious spots. Makes just about anything secure and you don't really see the screws/washers if you do it right.

Grab a jigsaw, some plywood, and a sharpie! Make a cutout of the prop onto some cheap plywood, and attach a fastener to the back (be it string or a screw or whatever) then screw from the back of the plywood into the prop and glue around the edges. It won't go anywhere.

If you're really crafty and have plenty of latex laying around....cut some muslin to fit the back of your prop and then some, cover the muslin in latex and adhere it to the back of your prop. Then you can staple/electrical staple/screw the props to the wall through the muslin. Lasts a long time, but you gotta know how to use latex and paint, and it's gotta be on lighter latex props, latex will always stick to latex

Comment

Working...
    X