Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising

How long in advance do you start putting up billboards? Since this is our first year I was thinking of going two weeks before our opening date. Is this too early? Not early enough?

thanks again for the feedback .
    Tim Moore
    info at ominoushaunt.com
    www.ominoushaunt.com
    www.facebook.com/OminousHaunt
    www.twitter.com/OminousHaunt

Hello tmoore. If you are talking about putting up your own signs to advertise your haunt up to 4 weeks before opening night should be fine. If you are talking billboards it depends on how you structure your contract. Most I have seen are purchased in monthly blocks so having it displayed the month before you are open makes sense. Maybe you can find some that are available by the week but I cannot promise that. Often times the billboards will need to be scheduled well in advance of them going on display as they often get filled months prior to going up. I hope this helps. Best of luck this season.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. Unsure if it matters but in my area the best deal going is to utilize digital billboards. They are situated where the main concentrations of traffic flow is and to my surprise are a lot cheaper than going with a traditional static billboard. You also have the option of moving the advertisement between multiple locations as well as the ability to update the billboard frequently.
      Tim Moore
      info at ominoushaunt.com
      www.ominoushaunt.com

Comment

Flyers go out as soon as the Halloween stress open, We don't do billboards for this event, but for another on we do it for a month prior, and use electronic ones. The reason they are cheaper there is no printing or installation cost for them, its just a download. it is nice as you can change up the adds during the month. we use radio for 2 weeks prior.

Comment

Digital Billboards

Hello Tim. One word of caution about the digital billboards. Often times the price is cheaper because there are multiple ads displayed on them. Your ad might only be displayed for a few seconds every few minutes. Lots of people may drive by and never see your ad. Everyone will see a static billboard when they pass it and that could justify paying more for it. Be sure to find out how much "air time" your ad will have before you commit to it. You may pass by it 20 times yourself and never see your ad on it.
          Last edited by horrorman666; 06-22-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

There are multiple ad on most. On the one we had( six different locations) our ad ran for 6 seconds every minute. I don't remember the actual cost, but it seems it was much cheaper than static ones.
            Part of what helps is the changing ad's catch your attention

Comment

As pointed our earlier, the digital ads only give you a fraction of the viewing time. I find them impossible to finish reading if they have anything more than a sentence on them-- show times and dates? FORGET IT on a digital. Just go with a cool image, "haunted house" mention, and website (they won't have time to write anything down, especially a phone number, so if your website is complicated, it's a total waste.) The digitals are not near are good or classy as a full fledged "real" billboard, but your budget may mandate it. Just realize less than a 1/4th of the people who pass by it will happen to see it, so they better be giving it to you at least 75% cheaper (especially since their is no banner production or installation cost). They often stick six or MORE ads on the digitals around here, with barely any time to read them at all. The advertisers all think they are getting a BIG image and flashing lights... but they don't realize how short a time they are up there. People glance, see an ad or two, and then ignore the rest (assuming they haven't already passed it by then.)
              Last edited by monsterwax; 07-12-2014, 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling correction
              www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

The area I am in funnels the majority of traffic on a daily basis by the signs I am planning on utilizing according to traffic data that I have studied. I plan to have the name of the haunt and the website during the month of October. I have tossed around the idea of having a timer for a countdown to opening with just the name of the haunt to possibly pique interest and then introduce the website and possibly a character opening day. Just thinking of marketing ideas to generate buzz.
                Tim Moore
                info at ominoushaunt.com
                www.ominoushaunt.com

Comment

Keep in mind this is an election year and every candidate out there is already buying time for Fall billboards. I would NOT wait to contact your local companies...
                  http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                  http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Besides traffic, consider what traffic is on that road. Is it to common route to work (not so good for haunts) or a common route for school (much , MUCH better-- assuming it is high school or college). Your general haunt customer is not usually a 9 to 5 work stiff.
                    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
                    X