Anyone Else Wiped Out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else Wiped Out???

I'm getting over a nasty cold that I didn't have time to stop for... so I didn't! :shock: We're getting down to the nitty gritty at the haunt now. People are starting to make me nervous with their comments about my weight loss and the dark circles under my eyes. I just tell them I'm getting ready for the haunt. :twisted: When they tell me not to kill myself, I tell them, "Why not? Think how much better I'd be at haunting!" At any rate, I hope the rest of you are getting more rest than I am! Remind me again... Oh yeah, it's a passion, er... an obsession! :shock:

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Doing house tours, taking people through this house , being open every night of the year, year in, year out can be called an obsession, I guess?
    Staying as healthy as I can inspite of sick customers sneezing in my face and other germ spreading habits saw me washing my hands and gargling after each tour and this did seem to work (or was it just psycho- sematic?)
    The events here five years ago did have me obsessively trying to tell a long haunted history of the house to almost everyone who came here , fueled by the belief that if I told enough people as much of it as I could, that someday, someone would hear about these incidents and come here and maybe explain them as far as the wherefore and the whyfore of them happening.
    This has been sometimes very tough on my throat and energy level, telling a long, involved story for 45 minutes or more in just the first room of the tour.
    Of course along the the way, I decided that I could tell it seriously (which has scared some people, maybe they can tell I'm not making any of it up?)
    Or tell it humorously, which makes it easier for me to tell, since none of the actual events were humorous when they happened.
    Every once and awhile, I couldn't feel it coming and I would become overwhelmed with emotion as I was telling certain parts of the story , then I suppose some just thought I was "acting" or faking to ellict some certain response or feeling from them.
    Just last night one young man was trying to be complimentary to me after the tour , telling me I am the best actor that he has ever seen!
    I wasn't "acting".
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Kel, we're just about to start "he// week" here. I can see that there will probably not be much sleep for me in the upcoming week. That and little panic attacks. :shock:

One of the guys at my day job (who's known me for years) mentioned bringing me a care package of Jolt Cola and pixie sticks.
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Originally posted by SpFXChic
        Kel, we're just about to start "he// week" here. I can see that there will probably not be much sleep for me in the upcoming week. That and little panic attacks. :shock:

One of the guys at my day job (who's known me for years) mentioned bringing me a care package of Jolt Cola and pixie sticks.
        Tell him not to forget the beef jerkey!
        That'll keep ya goin!

Comment

I can't even find Jolt Cola out here! It was my saving grace in college! :twisted:

Kel
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Jolt is still around out here. For a while they had "Kick" cola. It was supposedly better than Jolt for the caffiene, however, it tasted nasty!
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Hey that givez me an idea...
              Jolt Jerkey!
              I'll make a fortune!

Comment

wiped out

well i can tell you this....i think you are preachin to the choir...lol...it has been non stop for several weeks trying to get the orders out...days run together...4 hours of sleep...stress...phone calls, painting, pouring, molding, emails, construction, deadlines..you name it and we are doin it...rest assured though we are doing it for a reason...because without us as an industry where would the world be... and just think, in a few weeks we get to have a ton of fun scaring the wits outta people and seeing the genuine fear in peoples eyes...that is a great payoff...hope everyone is doin well and i hope everyones haunt rocks...

todd poole
                screamline studios

Comment

Yeah, I'm feelin it too Kel...I'm feeling pretty drained between a hectic opening night last night, busy days at Creative Visions, late nights at Darkness, and a bout of bronchitis or something that's been making me cough my a$$ off the last few weeks (no the snake oil isn't helping either!...hehehe)...I think I'm going to go see the doctor next week once things slow down a little for me...

Good luck out there everybody!
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Dan, Mark your bottles better "Latex" .."Snake Oil", maybe the coughing will subside then?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I've been fighting a bug myself and fighting bronchitis. I got some of Carrie's "Snake Oil" and I'm feeling much better Dan! I tell ya, I swear by the stuff! :wink: Hey Dan, I can't wait to reveal what you guys are making for us this year! Feel free to post pictures here before you ship if you like. I can't believe you guys are saving our @$$es again! I can always count on you guys to pull off a miracle for us! You are mucho appreciado my Creative Vision friends!!!

If you are thinking about investing in your attraction and you want a product that will stand the test of time and look infreakincredible, be sure to get a hold of Mark and Dan at Creative Visions! www.CreativeVisionsOnline.com I know, that was a blatant plug for my buds, but you'll be doing yourself a favor to utilize their services! They;ve even developed a new division of their business that is solely dedicated to haunters, HauntVisions!

Kel
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

By 1:30 AM, I was "Wiped"! Then I still had to answer alot of questions for a newspaper interveiw!
                        (I wonder what I said?)
                        I did so much stressing of my voice last night that my side neck muscles felt swollen , as if I had been playing head-tackle football !?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, I can only suggest a mouth pull cord like a ventriloquist dummy to be surgically installed and a belt full of tape recorders. Grab a servo from a talking Christmas tree to pull the cord realtive to the sound and get out there. You ARE the hardest working man in show business.
                          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

And for the adult entertainment circuit my pull cord could be routed down my back , then up through the front of my pants.
                            (Retro-fited with one of those much thicker rope cords)
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

yes, yes, and yes..with school, working at the haunt plus my other job....

Comment

Working...
                              X