Airbrush Make-Up Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbrush Make-Up Removal

I have read all of the threads and watched Allen's videos on airbrush make-up. What is the best way to remove the make up at the end of the night? What do you use? Should it be done in a bathroom, a sink, a make up removal station? How does everyone do it? Never saw where that was addressed.

I know that Allen uses alcohol based airbrush make up (European Body Art - Endura).
    I would think that alcohol wipes would remove the make up pretty well.
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

Not sure about other brands but mine was developed just for Halloween use. Specifically Universal Halloween Horror Night in Florida when I was the contractor there when we started the event back in the 90's. It is now applied and removed daily by their classic characters for almost 25 years.

They wanted a durable make up - so the scaractors were busy in the park scaring people
      but wanted easy removal by the actors at home.....so they didn't have to pay them to stay around during a long removal process. So I developed AGPC. An airbrush foundation that is sweat proof and smudge proof and waterproof but still removable with soap and water.

Mine was developed to be removable by the actor when they are finished with soap and water. If there is any residue then maybe a mild makeup remover containing iso myristate. But mostly with soap. Soap reacts with the make up ionically to change the charge of the make up allowing it to break down and come off.
      The actors at Universal use it every day for Frankenstein, Wolfie, Drac, and Beetelgeuse, Daily removal with alcohol would make their skin very sensitive. Disney had this problem when using Reel Colors Airbrush, another tattoo product, it was so durable and the removal process required so much rubbing, that they needed to find something else.

There IS sometimes overkill regarding durability. After all it is just make up not a tattoo product requiring days of wear. Actors will appreciate it being on when it's on and comes off when it's time to go home.

I recommend the use of a skin moisturizer after use of any of these items when doing make up on a daily basis. Proper skin maintenance is necessary.
      Last edited by michaeldavy; 06-21-2014, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Endura is amazing!!! You can use alcohol to remove it or get a bottle of brand name Head and Shoulders 2-in-1 Shampoo/Conditioner and it will take it off easy.

(We found this out one night when my husband was in full makeup and we were all out of alcohol.)

Comment

It all depends on which makeup you use however, I have found that the easiest and least expensive way is to use baby wipes. The wipes will get off 90% of the makeup then the actor can finish at home with soap and water.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Micheal, where can I buy your AGPC foundation?

Comment

AGPC is available at www.michaeldavy.com
              http://www.michaeldavy.com/products/..._airbrush.html

4oz is $32 compared to Endura by European Bodyart 4oz from $38 pretty close...but
              a 16oz of mine is $65 but on the EBA website theirs is $126 Mine is HALF THE PRICE!
              AND
              I had been making AGPC for 10 years before they had started making theirs. Not saying mine is any better just saying that it is more ecomonical while performing "as good as". as I said before how good does it really need to be? As long as it doesn't come off until you WANT it to.

Think of it this way.....You could make up TWICE as many people using AGPC. And the larger the size of AGPC the larger the savings. A 32oz bottle of mine is $80, which means that you could buy a 32oz bottle of mine AND another 16oz bottle for a total of $145 compared to 1 - 16 oz bottle of Endura for $126. That's 48oz for $20 more than a 16oz. of Endura

Not to mention is removes with soap and water
              but if you want it even more durable and waterproof, to where you can't wash it off, you can increase the durability by adding Silicolor to make a Tattoo durable quality.

Comment

The other thing that is awesome about Endura is it smells amazing!

Comment

The only thing I would add to this is that Allen Hopps uses Endura and has for a while, anyone that knows Allen knows he is very cheep when it comes to these things. If he is using it then there must be a reason. Micheal I don't know if Allen has use your product but I do highly regard his knowledge and practices.
                  Phatman

Comment

On his videos Allen uses non-toxic craft paint from Walmart?

Comment

No need to defend anyone's use of a product.
                      Brand loyalty exists for many reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X