GoPro via wifi in haunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro via wifi in haunts?

Has anyone used a GoPro camera in their haunts and viewed the walkthrough via wifi by a tablet etc? How did it work out? I think a downside is the camera battery life.

I looked into this briefly, not to do a walk through, but to have it streaming for actors to know when the patron is at the right spot to do a drop wall scare. Ultimately I have decided to just use a nice security system and feed that portion into the actors area. From what I was able to find the wifi streaming wasn't exactly what I was looking for and the low level of light would not produce a nice picture as it does with being in a lot of light. Here is the tutorial I came across to accomplish a streaming gopro setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8pMkhigRQA

Also if you do a search on youtube for "wifi gopro" there are a lot of videos on the subject.
    Tim Moore
    info at ominoushaunt.com
    www.ominoushaunt.com
    www.facebook.com/OminousHaunt
    www.twitter.com/OminousHaunt

Comment

YES YES AND HELL YEAH... they turn out awesome.

Here is a video we made...

Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Here is another one...

Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Extend battery life

We hook up our go pro cameras to a 20v dealt battery with accessory charger and the batteries outlast the memory sticks. http://www.powertoolsupercenter.com/...lWorV9VcvD_BwE

Hope this helps

We also view via tablet. We have 100s of hrs of footage to go thru still
          Patrick Barberry
          www.legendsofthefog.com
          sigpic

Comment

So you plug the GoPro directly into this as if you are plugging directly into a wall?

Comment

Wall warts

You can buy AC wall warts for the GoPro so the battery should not be an issue, but the memory stick on the other hand .....

I tried to setup the WiFi connection on one of my cameras but it just did not work the way we needed it to work, so we record using the cameras throughout the haunt than go back through the memory sticks the next day.
              Travis "Big T" Russell
              President
              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
              X