My Haunted Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Haunted Road Trip

I wanted to post this to get thoughts on locations and timing.

If you think I'm passing through a town and missing a haunt I shouldn't miss, let me know.

If you don't think I can make it to all the haunts I have listed for a particular day, let me know so I can adjust my schedule.
    Help me fill in the holes.

Thursday October 9: Kansas City, MO
    The Beast and Edge of Hell

Friday October 10: Columbia, MO
    Necroplanet
    Fear Fest Haunted House

Saturday October 11: St. Louis, MO
    Lemp Brewery
    The Darkness
    Creepyworld --( This is one I'm not sure If I can squeeze in all 3 on this date, should I push creepyworld to Sunday?)

Sunday October 12:
    Fear Fair Seymour Indiana
    Dent Schoolhouse- Dayton OH

Thursday October 16:
    Erebus *** (I would consider going on Wednesday if they are fully staffed? Anyone know?) ***
    Unknown haunt in Detroit?

Friday October 17:
    Cedar Point (for the rides)

Saturday October 18:
    Mansfield Haunted Prison
    HAUNTED HOOCHIE !

Sunday October 19:
    Factory of Terror Canton
    Bloodview Haunted House
    Home - Good Ol' Erie

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Last edited by RobfromErie; 09-02-2014, 01:09 AM.

Let us know when you show up... I think you'll like our attractions this year we are excited about them. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry, do you think I will be able to do all 3 in one Night, or should I push Creepyworld to a new day?

Comment

You can do all three in one night for sure as long as its not a weekday night... I suggest starting at Creepyworld because it takes the longest. Darkness and Lemp are side by side so it takes like 5 minutes from drive from one to the other. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

nice

haven't checked in here in forever..
          soo it is sooo nice to see the Haunted Hooch on your list
          and even better to see it is the only one in capital letters..
          u clearly know whats up brother..and if not ....u will be a certified hooch head by the time u leave

u wont be disappointed with Erebus any night Ed is open...originality is supreme and that's a great place to find it..
          and if your driving threw Indiana..make a stop in Seymour and see Fear Fair .. thank me later

and a hell yeah to u sir ..c u this October
          in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
          www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Right on. I've been to the hooch a couple times now, originally living just a few hours away in Erie. It's still currently my favorite, though house of shock in NO was a close 2nd.

Might even have to bring my hoochie tattoo this year.

Thanks for the other advice.

Comment

You definitely can do all 3 of Larry's haunts in one night! My Dad and I went in 2010 and just made sure to get to Darkness a good 30 minutes before opening to be the first in line, though I would do what Larry recommended and start at Creepyworld because the lines were quite long by the time we got there.

Also, I'd recommend seeing Chambers of Poe and Macabre Cinema while you're at Beast and Edge; both of them are quality haunts, perhaps just a bit smaller than their two sisters.

Sounds like an amazing trip! I hope you have a blast!

-Collin
              *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

You should definitely check out Missouri's newest pro haunt, Phobius! It is located in Wright City, MO directly between Columbia and St. Louis on I-70.

Comment

If you are going to be in Columbus, Oh to see the Hooch (which is a great haunt), you might as well start at the ScareAtorium. We open at 7:30 and the Hooch doesn't normally open until after 9:30. We have a pretty good haunt; you can check out our reviews; they are linked from our web site. We're located on the North side of Columbus, about 20 minutes from the Hooch.

Good luck with your tour, sounds like an awesome plan!

Kelly Collins
                  The ScareAtorium

Comment

skip any Indy haunts you were thinking of and go to Seymour and hit Fear Fair.

Comment

Schedule set, Leave approved, plane tickets purchased. Good to Go.

If I wasn't at the Haunt house last year, I would prob go to Phobius.

Comment

I understand your thinking but Phobius is not the same experience as The Haunt House. Enjoy your road trip!

Comment

Too busy doing the Navy thing right now to build my own haunted house. So I have to "settle" for visiting as many as I can for the fun of it, and learning.
                          Last year I made it to 16 haunts in 6 states. This year my goal is 20.

Normally, I'd love to do a full detailed review, but no-one really knows who I am, so who gives a shit what I have to say?
                          ULTIMATELY, the map is for my own personal records of where I've been and want to go, but I thought I'd share.

And besides my ratings, the map can be used to find nearby haunted houses. Although if a haunt has moved, I haven't necessarily updated the addresses.
                          Obviously certain states share the focus, and others are lacking...but I haven't traveled there yet.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...k.kmwBaCiF9Iic

Also, this years plane tickets bought. Can't wait to get this started in Kansas City.

Comment

Working...
                          X