Home Haunt Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Haunt Help

Hi there. I haven't really done a "big" display with lighting, and props at my parents house(17 years old) My parents love halloween just as much as I do, and said if i put together a display, the I can do one. So what I am asking here, is, what are the most important things needed for a yard display. I am only a stuent, and don't got alot of money, but I got a good job, and making more each week. I know I will need some fog lights, and mabey black lights as well. I got a fog machine, and built a toe pincher coffin last year. I am also looking to build some additional props this year, and am looking for suggestions. I will try and post a picture of my house, which may give someone some ideas. I live in a town of 8,000 people, and mabey 10 people decorate their yard. So it wouild be cool to be one of the only houses on town that does. Any and all suggestions are very helpful, and appreciated.

Thank you,

Dustyn

Here is a page with some pics of my house:

http://devosden.spaces.live.com/
    ________
    headshops
    Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:09 AM.

That sucks, no trees. Nothing is coming to my mind. Check out www.halloweenmonsterlist.info for some cool project ideas though.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I agree with Brian, excellent place to start is on Mark's site.
      Thanks, Jeff
      www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
      www.HauntForum.com
      www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

I'd try to think about this from the opposite direction. Rather than thinking you need a blacklight then finding something to do with it, come up with some general ideas that would be cool/fun/scary and that will go along with the shape of your house, then think about what you need to get to accomplish the effect. If it ends up being out of your budget, try to redesign it so that it can be done more cheaply.

How much stuff is in the garage? That seems like a prime spot for some sort of display. The upstairs window also has possibilities (shadow, projection, etc). Have stuff come up out of the flower pots by the walkway. Glowing eyes under the stairs are cheap and easy and will make people count their toes after they leave. Changing out all your lightbulbs with colors or blacklights or flicker bulbs is a quick easy way to create some atmosphere. Also, the vacant lot next door screams "graveyard" if you think you could get away with it...
        Last edited by Scottzilla; 07-02-2007, 05:56 PM.
        Motors and skulls:
        http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

I would definetly go with a cemetery add some tombstones put a couple of crows and spanish moss on top of them and you are done! Also i would hang things like fake heads or body parts from above your garage maybe when they get up to your door have a spiders den or whatever put a huge fake spider up in that corner by your door and put spiderwebs all over the place. You may take WASHABLE paint and put red/ bloodlike paint all over with handprints on your door add a couple of cheap skeletons and there ya go that is my reccomendations!

Comment

So it's almost Halloween. I'm interested to know what you came up with. Post pictures and stuff!
            Motors and skulls:
            http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

i love a blank canvas

think of your house as a stage...

your driveway and garage make a great main stage... so i think you want this to be your primary area of focus.

the window above the garage is a great attention grabber.... perfect for shadows or ways to draw victums to your home

the lot next door would be a awesome place for a graveyard....

visit www.skullandbone.com for lighting advice

and

www.hauntproject.com for some great ideas on homemade props.

and most of all... have fun!

best of luck!

we all want to see pics when you get finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottzilla View Post
                So it's almost Halloween. I'm interested to know what you came up with. Post pictures and stuff!
                Well, I am going to be putting some tombstones in the yard, along with a coffin ot two. In the main window, I am putting some Scene Setters, with shadows on them, with a strobe light behind, it worked great last year, we got some small kids saying "Do you know theres a guy in your window up there?" In the window to the right, I am putting a FCG. On the stairs, on the right, I am going to make a fourtune telling area. I will put the Spirit animated crystal ball. I will probably put up some webs, and cheesecloth. I am trying to decide if I should put the fog machine under the stairs, with mini lights, or have the garage open a bit and have the fogger there. I think I am going with the stairs, but open to suggestions. I am also thinkning of what I could put in a few windows on the garage. Look at the pics from my first post. I got a few sets of blinking eyes, and I think I will go with a blue strobe light. We also got 3, 5 foot pitchforks that I may put going up the sidewalk/driveway. Thats all I can think of now, lol, but all suggestions are welcome, and I will be sure to get some pics.

Thanks for the help everyone too!

Dustyn
                ________
                star craft replays
                Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X