Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallioween Night Staff

Anyone else have problems ...
    Last edited by mrfoos; 03-07-2016, 08:39 AM.

We always have the same problem with staff, but somehow, we always make it through. We've tried a few different approaches, and nothing seems to have solved the problem entirely. If you pay your staff, you can try bonus pay, or we even tried double pay. We also tried limiting the use of the actor freebie tickets to only being able to be used on Halloween night, thinking that they would want to be there so there friends and family could see them act. Didn't really make any difference, just ended up having a few more customers, and still short on staff. We've even tried having an "after Party" on Halloween night, thinking that more actors would be present. Didn't help either. Guess it's just luck of the draw as to who works at the different haunts, as to who stays and who doesn't show on these nights.

Comment

Hello mrfoos. I will echo pondo's sentiments. It is always a challenge staffing the haunt. I wish there was a sure fire method for getting the staff to attend all of the time but it's hard with a part time seasonal position. We usually do pretty well but you always seem to get those nights where you scramble to get all of the spots filled. Good luck to you for a successful season.

Comment

One reason that any haunt I have worked at, or operated, wasn't open on Halloween. If all your actors are too busy to come, then where will your customers be? Probably the same partys or taking their kids trick or treating.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

School Homecoming dances are what kills my staff turnout
          Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
          X