Dot room all white Dots same size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dot room all white Dots same size?

We did a multicolored dot room with different size dots years ago I was wondering would all white dots the same size work?

If you're talking about the black room, white dots with an actor dressed the same under a strobe light.....same size worked fine for us...was actually a fairly simple, high startle room
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Do people really still do the dot scene? The 80's called they said they want their scene back.
      Seriously, it was overdone by 1989 perhaps something that your guests haven't experienced yet?

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Do people really still do the dot scene? The 80's called they said they want their scene back.
        Seriously, it was overdone by 1989 perhaps something that your guests haven't experienced yet?

DA
        new generation that have not seen it, if it works use it.

Comment

We did a multicolor one when we first did our haunt 5 years ago. We understand this is an old startle but we are looking to use it in a smaller area since its a tad empty this season and want to try it all white dots as an update for this season. Just something a tad different.

Comment

Overdone - Who cares, if it works use it.

So Darkangel - with your very helpful post I am assuming you have groundbreaking ideas that have never been seen before? If a dot room is overdone then guess everyone should stop using chainsaws, zombies, strobe lights, air cannons, vortex tunnels, etc.

If an idea works and the guests like it then use it - The dot room can be very effective when used correctly, same with a chainsaw. I have found in my 20+ years of haunting that sometimes the oldest and simplest tricks in the book are the most effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Evernight View Post
              So Darkangel - with your very helpful post I am assuming you have groundbreaking ideas that have never been seen before? If a dot room is overdone then guess everyone should stop using chainsaws, zombies, strobe lights, air cannons, vortex tunnels, etc.

If an idea works and the guests like it then use it - The dot room can be very effective when used correctly, same with a chainsaw. I have found in my 20+ years of haunting that sometimes the oldest and simplest tricks in the book are the most effective.
              My intentions was not to come up with ideas as he did not ask for any ideas. He mentioned a dot room and I, like many other haunt visitors think they are overdone and super lame. You know what's going to happen as soon as you see the room. Its old and tired and as a haunter its up to you to come up with fresh ideas not beat a dead horse into a bloody pulp with old gags we've seen a million times.

The chainsaw is still necessary because it heralds the end if a show to the guests so it serves a point. You hear the chainsaw, you know its over and it's still effective and expected.

DA

Comment

DA....you gotta go lol. I had a chain maze in the middle of one of my haunts that had three chainsaw characters in it and with multiple large strobes going off in a million angles made it impossible to tell where the chainsaws were coming from or where to go when they got to you. And we also had chainsaws chase people once they thought they left the haunt.

Dot rooms, like chainsaws, are effective, classic, and enjoyable.

There's an old saying, (even older than the dot room!) and it goes something along the lines of, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Comment

There are alot of old school props, scare tactics like the drop panel that get used over and over but if the scares still work its effective. I think the way to do it is revamp the haunt scenes so that previous guests that think they know whats happening from previous years are fooled by a new scare or revamped scare. Maybe 2 dot room characters will be more effective since most people are waiting for 1. The 3 chainsaw idea is excellent idea mixing up the location they are coming from. Drop panels moved to a different location etc. as long as you get the scares it remains effective. I agree some scares get played out but you would be surprised when people say I knew that was coming and they get scared anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X