movie theater advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movie theater advertising

Hello was wondering if anyone out there has done movie theater advertising before and how well did it work for you?
    Got a quote for it seems pretty fair just need some input if it was a wise choice or not.
    Thanks Joe
    In Darkness they hunt the living
    http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Haven't done it, but it seems to me that advertising your haunt to a target audience that has shown itself to enjoy going out and spending money to be entertained is a pretty safe bet.

If you don't mind, what price were you quoted and for what level of advertisement?
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

We are doing it this year for the first time. We are having a small 30 second trailer play before all PG13 and R movies this year. Really hope it is worth the cash.

Comment

Well I was quoted $100 a week 8 week min. I can run ad in 4 theaters for 2 weeks each that's 8 weeks or four weeks at two theaters. any combination as long its 8 weeks.
        That is what the salesman said to me... the people in the theater have disposable income and you are most likely reaching one of the decision makes of the household.
        he said at the four theaters 100,000 people a month see a movie. since i am only doing 2 weeks that cuts the amount in half. of the 50,00 people cut that in half again because the ad runs
        about 15- 20 min. before the movie starts. so most likely about 20 to 25,000 people reached in our area for $800 plus tax. would have to do our own 15 sec ad or that is an additional $350 for them to make the ad.

Comment

Originally posted by remyghost View Post
          We are doing it this year for the first time. We are having a small 30 second trailer play before all PG13 and R movies this year. Really hope it is worth the cash.
          Hope so too. It sounds like a great thing. good luck!!

Comment

We tried this a few years back. We had a 15 second spot that played several times before horror movies and thrillers at a local theater. Even had a discount if you kept your movie ticket and brought it to our show. Unfortunately, It didn't work well for us. May work better in other markets though. Luckily, it was affordable.
            Daniel Burnett
            PR/Operator
            Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
            13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
            whenhingescreak.com

Comment

Originally posted by MorgueofDoom View Post
              We tried this a few years back. We had a 15 second spot that played several times before horror movies and thrillers at a local theater. Even had a discount if you kept your movie ticket and brought it to our show. Unfortunately, It didn't work well for us. May work better in other markets though. Luckily, it was affordable.
              Thanks for feedback!!

Comment

If you decide to pull the trigger on it, naberhood, you should figure out some way to gauge how effective it was.
                Something like a survey of your patrons, or like someone else mentioned, have them save their ticket stubs from the movie for a small discount. Some way to figure out how many people came to your haunt directly attributable to the movie advertising. That'll let you know whether you should do it again the next year.
                I'd be interested in hearing the results.
                Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
                http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

If I do it will let you know how it works out.

Comment

The one thing you need to keep in mind about marketing your business on theater screens is that attendance is way way down in the fall its their lowest point of the year... so they should be reducing the price by a ton. Make sure to bring up this point that fall movies are the lowest of the low for the movie industry...

Always try to get a better deal.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                      The one thing you need to keep in mind about marketing your business on theater screens is that attendance is way way down in the fall its their lowest point of the year... so they should be reducing the price by a ton. Make sure to bring up this point that fall movies are the lowest of the low for the movie industry...

Always try to get a better deal.

Larry
                      Thanks Larry i will keep that in mind when I talk to them again.

Comment

please if anyone else has done this or knows of someone that has tried this please give some feedback

Comment

Ravens Grin-movie advertising

No upon the BIG screen, but rather in the lobby on the movie guide, that folding, slick paper with actors bios and mini-posters inside. $600 for a month in two theaters. One theater was in Dubuque, Iowa, the other in Rockford , Illinois.
                          Nothing happened. Then checking it out, the printer had forgotten to to put "Mount Carroll, Ill. " So anyone interested was calling, looking more locally and finding . nothing. Unless they were finding that their town also had a Carroll st.!
                          they re-printed, got it correct. As far as I could determine I got 6 paying customers from this effort and expense.
                          "Here, take this whip, take this money, now Beat me!"
                          I guess just because I always picked up the Theater guides, I supposed everyone else did too! Wrong!
                          Impress people with your business and what you do for them for what they pay you and word of mouth will bring the bext busload.
                          Open almost every night for Twenty-Seven Years, this "WORKS!"
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Abunai View Post
                            If you decide to pull the trigger on it, naberhood, you should figure out some way to gauge how effective it was.
                            Something like a survey of your patrons, or like someone else mentioned, have them save their ticket stubs from the movie for a small discount. Some way to figure out how many people came to your haunt directly attributable to the movie advertising. That'll let you know whether you should do it again the next year.
                            I'd be interested in hearing the results.
                            Yes, exactly what he said. If you do it this year, find a way to track it so you know if it's worth doing in the future.
                            The part that would concern me however is this; How many movie trailers do you remember after going to see a film? Let alone how many pre-show ads do you remember from before the trailers? After seeing the ad, movie goers sit through a barrage of movie previews and a 90+ minute film and leave talking about it with no tangible reminders of the ads they saw before that. Unless someone pulls out their phone and looks you up right then in the theater, they probably won't remember later. You might be better off with a display in the lobby where you can distribute coupons or flyers. Just a thought.

Comment

We did this last year at a large theater less than 2 miles from our haunt. Had a 30 second trailer that played before all R & PG13 movies, and used the ticket stub discount idea. We received a whole of one stub the entire season, and seeing our spot at the theater was never mentioned by any of our guests.

Comment

Working...
                              X