Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lurker Gets Married today (Supposedly) :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurker Gets Married today (Supposedly) :-)

I've been off the boards for a bit so I'm not sure if Lurker (Louis - the owner of Darkwood Manor here in VA) has mentioned that he's finally getting married today (June 30).

I've known Louis for 3-4 years now and since I've known him he's been "getting married in June." The first year, because I didn't know any better, I took him seriously. I quickly realized that he was probably going to be engaged indefinitely and that the "I"m getting married in June" was just something good to say.

This "June" date was the source of much amusement for myself and Louis' other friends. Even after the final night of the haunted house, when his fiancee carved a white pumpkin with an actual date in June they were to get married. (It didn't happen that year either....)

So this year they announced they were getting married in June (again) and I admit, I didn't take them seriously. They even sent out beautiful invitations saying they were getting married (and while this was an unprecedented step) I still didn't take them completely seriously. We had the bachelor and bachelorette parties last week - but we still waited for news that maybe they wouldn't get married. And yet, here it is, the day of the wedding and it appears it is actually going to happen!

So while you might congratulate a member of the forum for getting married - you need to really congratulate this man because of what it has taken for this day to happen.

At any rate, I'm off to get a tattoo (I thought this was an appropriate thing to do right before their wedding) and then debate what to wear to Louis' wedding - goth wear - my haunted house costume - a dress? Who knows....

At any rate, Louis, congratulations. I'll post pictures of your drunk, married, a$$ later. (that is, if the wedding really takes places ;-)).

Weddings can be fun and very memorable.
    A classmate of mine was just married (his bride was PG with their child), they turned to face the church full of family and friends when the drunken Father of the Groom stood up and stated very loudly:"Well that's the second mistake you made!"
    The parents of the bride were not at all amused.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks Rachel! I'm glad you could be there to witness our marriage. It only took us six years to get married after we got engaged. We were pacing ourselves. Why does everything have to be rush rush rush?
      Now we can have a 6 year honeymoon!
      sigpic
      Louis Brown
      Owner, operator, and dish washer
      at
      DarkWood Manor

Comment

well congratulations luis and wendy....i am sorry i couldnt make it...but that doesnt effect my happiness for ya...i wish you many years of wedded bliss....i hope to get down there and see yall shortly...but the way work is goin...it may not happen, and i dont want to make promises i cant keep...take care and congratualtions once again...

todd poole
        screamline studios

Comment

Congrats Louis!
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Congratulations Lurker, hope you enjoy your wedding!
            http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

Working...
            X