Is this haunted house in BAD TASTE??? Check out this story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this haunted house in BAD TASTE??? Check out this story

Apparently a haunted house in Wisconsin called Scarylands got turned down to open by the city board and their main objection... the theme of the haunted house.

The theme is a haunted hospital for disabled vets... so in other words you have a bunch of crazy disabled vets running around killing everyone or something.

Of all the themes in the World you can choose... this has to be one of the worst I've ever heard. The city council didn't like it that is for sure... when you live in a very PC world, when we live in a World where war is very fresh in our minds, and this new group called ISIS is putting our government to the test about putting troops back in combat you couldn't have picked a WORSE theme! Holy cow this is horrible...

My suggestion to you CHANGE THE THEME NOW you've offended the city council, the theme itself sounds silly, and who knows how many customers might be turned off by it... go back to the council with a normal hospital theme or something. Read the article here..

http://www.channel3000.com/news/west...house/27727592
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I'm new to the forums but after reading this thread I joined to post. Yes I would agree very bad taste. With all the themes you can choose why dishonor our vets. Unreal. Last year saw the naked haunted house that was bad not sure if this is worse.

Comment

Horrible. I actually know more than one injured vet. Horrible. GZ

Comment

I believe it is the haunt's right to have whatever theme they want, and the city is wrong for censoring them. Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are just two of the many rights our armed forces fight to protect. With that being said, I believe their theme is in very poor taste! Even if the owners don't understand how insensitive and offensive it is, surely they must understand that a large chunk of their audience is going to find it offensive. Their theme is not only in poor taste, but it is also a bad business decision!
        Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

I don't think it holds the potential to be particularly scary anyways.

Had they just called it an insane asylum of some sort (which could be equally offensive to a certain crowd), the potential to scare would have been higher.

And they could have thrown in a few actors with limbs missing without labeling them as vets.

Certainly not the best of ideas.

Comment

know your demographic

Originally posted by Dark Tiki Studios View Post
            I believe it is the haunt's right to have whatever theme they want, and the city is wrong for censoring them. Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are just two of the many rights our armed forces fight to protect. With that being said, I believe their theme is in very poor taste! Even if the owners don't understand how insensitive and offensive it is, surely they must understand that a large chunk of their audience is going to find it offensive. Their theme is not only in poor taste, but it is also a bad business decision!
            I agree with Dark Tiki Studios on each point.
            My haunt is in a small Nebraska community, very conservative, very patriotic, my doors would be closed after one night with a theme like that.
            We each have choices to make and there will always be someone who doesn't like something we do but there is no need to go out of our way to be offensive especially to a group of people who have literally fought for us.
            I guess bad taste is a right too.
            Jan/Grey Lady
            greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

Trust me I agree with all your points as well... people have a right to be a Klux Klan member as well and I support there right to do what they wish but doesn't mean I agree or like it. I think some of the haunts opening today are missing the mark by a mile... you put a lot of money and effort into opening your haunt then you do something that just leaves a person wondering WHY WHY WHY?

This has to be one of the worst themes I've ever heard of like EVER... they should WAKE UP realize it and change the theme.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
              X