Actors coming late!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actors coming late!!

How does everyone deal with this? Dock their pay?

Replace them!

Replace the bad ones with animatronics.
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

2nd Adams idea!

I've done that. But still need some actors. We give base pay. Then bonus if on time and show up every night you signed up for. Bonus is $10 night signed on for. Miss one night...late...bye bye all $140 bonus

Wicked Farmer

Comment

How late are we talking? And is this chronic lateness? Excused lateness? Etc...

I think your program is almost a disincentive to come on time consistently, assuming your definition of late is "Be here by X number of minutes prior to opening or you will be considered late" with no wiggle room for emergencies. Of course not knowing how you actually handle it I do not know.

I say disincentive because if a person is late once they have less incentive for being on-time now (disincentive is really a bit strong). If your program was structured so that an employee received $X for every night they were on-time and a bonus of $Y if they are on-time for every night, then your incentive would be more enticing for people who are consistently late or late more than once.

My haunt typically over schedules actors because we know that a certain percentage of actors will likely call off or be severely late. It's built in contingency, if all the actors come to work then the budget is planned accordingly to compensate, but the usual night is X% of actors are late, no shows or call off.

Actors are not punished for calling off given ample time, such as in the morning of the day they are supposed to work. However, if it's a chronic problem then it must be addressed on a case by case basis.

If you are late and we are already open your pay may be docked or you may not be put to work unless prior arrangements were made, such as with a phone call. However, if you are late and did not call in you may be sent home.

Reliability is a big issue with all haunts, and we use that as a sort of measure of who is going to be scheduled to work first.

It is rare that we let someone go and even rarer that we deny someone pay. If you work in our haunt we have already put expectation on you that you have the talent we are looking for. Our managers are focused on making the experience for our customers the best it can be, if that means using or refusing late actors then so be it but the experience is first.

Understandably, not all haunts have the luxury of having a contingency of actors, however programs and scheduling, IMO, should be put together to reward those who come early with few disincentives.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post
          I've done that. But still need some actors. We give base pay. Then bonus if on time and show up every night you signed up for. Bonus is $10 night signed on for. Miss one night...late...bye bye all $140 bonus

Wicked Farmer
          what's base pay?

Comment

without checking paperwork

Base is roughly -$9 -$10 an hour. Guys who are maze copping during day then transfer to haunt at night get home cooked meal for dinner buffet style done by Mrs. Wicked who is a darn good cook. yes there is lee way. But I say if Grandma died I expect to see the obit. later.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
            X